Which AV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently running Kaspersky internet suite 2010, Check out the AV reviews, It has the highest detection rate.

As for Windows, It has to have all these patch's (Critical Update's) Because of sloppy programming. You dont hear of other OS's being updated this much, Because they are far more secure to start with.

AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Main-Tests

Read the Retrospect/Proactive report for May...

Both Kaspersky and MSE are in the Advanced+ category, both scored a 59%, they're essentially evenly matched, and guess what, MSE is free.

Ok, so with your logic, why are patches released for OSX? And why are there new kernel versions of Linux, or even updates for Linux released since they are infallible? Plus, why is OSX increasingly becoming LESS secure? You don't have very sound logic... M$ is more on the ball than Apple is for releasing updates. And no program is perfect, OS's included. They all need patches because of newly found/developed vulnerabilities.

1109.jpg

'Nuff said.

Seriously though, I've had Norton Anti-virus since 2003 and can honestly say it's a really good anti-virus. I've never had any problems that I couldn't fix on my own through Norton and Google.

According to one of my friends, Microsoft Security Essentials is one of the best AV's out there. And it's free.
So I'd go with that. :p

Also, for the love of God, don't choose Kaspersky. Very many false alarms. One of my other friends made a virus and tried tricking me into running it. Kaspersky didn't catch it. Thank God Windows didn't allow access. -.-

Kaspersky also has many false alarms. "FFS, GOOGLE IS NOT A VIRUS!"

There are three levels of Security.

Free
Paid
Corporate.

Your Three AV are

Avast
ESET NOD32
Endpoint (Symantec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back