When I turn on my lap-top my WiFi stops working

bacardy4

Beta member
Recently I've noticed that when I turn on my lap top and the WiFi at home stops working for every other device. I am not sure if a program that I've installed is causing the issue.

I'm using Windows currently. When I open the cmd and run "netstat -no" there are a lot of connection for a process with ID 2600. When I open the task manager that process is for a file called privoxy.exe .

As far as I am concerned that privoxy.exe is not a malicious file however it's strange that it has so many connections.

I will really appreciate any advice. :)

Privoxy.exe seems to be a harmless software, its built into windows and apparently it is "web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for protecting privacy, filtering web page content, managing cookies, controlling access, and removing ads, banners, pop-ups and other obnoxious Internet junk" (According to this site privoxy.exe Windows process - What is it? )

Here is some more info on that program if you feel you need to uninstall, it dosen't do anything critical anyway. (Most modern browsers are fine without it.) If you do want to uninstall theres an uninstall file located here:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Privoxy\privoxy_uninstall.exe
However this sounds more like a router issue, do the other devices connected drop the wifi connection? Or do they stay connected and just not have internet access?

Also I know this may sound silly, however it almost always solves the problem, have you tried resting your router to default settings?

Hope I could help :)

How many other devices are connected when you connect your laptop and the other connections are dropped?

Does the same thing happen if you plug in the laptop via ethernet instead of connecting via wifi?

I haven't actually try that. My Personal computer is connected via the "Wired" internet. so I've never actually connected my lap top there.

I've only noticed the issue occurring via the WiFi

Test it out and see if it does the same thing when you plug the laptop in via ethernet.

Back
Top Bottom