WhatsApp, imessage and snapchat may be Banned!

I'm curious how they intend to implement this Law. If it gets passed. You have to face it. Cameroon the rite full Prim-minister is so out of touch with modern Britain saying hes old school you can get books about his type of caricature from the library.

How do they intend to make this happen with Mobile devices. Linux and Unix Operating systems. Likes of Kali. How will this affect the World of software on a whole as security is fundamental to all most every organization ECT: Doesn't seem thought out if you ask me.

Another Torie utter BS move on Cameroons part. You F***'*** pleb.

The questions are endless.

If they implement this its basically going to be if you use encrypted software and refuse to Coop with the authority's we will lock you up in prison if we have reason to believe you are committing an offense. How do you prove someones not just coming the game and that they like the authority aren't being D*** and just being awkward to get a conviction. It sounds like this could be used to get convictions in one seance hear in the UK if they want you off the streets.

Also how many MP's will be flouting this law them selves, with E Mail and something as basic as that. Carmon please do me a favor. DROP FUC**** DEAD you pleb.

We'll at the moment if you refuse to decrypt your drive for the police or secret service they have the right to arrest you.... As it's grounds to believe you have suspicious content... :cool: I think this is the same for US?

We'll at the moment if you refuse to decrypt your drive for the police or secret service they have the right to arrest you.... As it's grounds to believe you have suspicious content... :cool: I think this is the same for US?

I believe you only have to decrypt the storage if you actually have the password written down somewhere. Otherwise you don't have to give up any info, IIRC. .

Who is going to be doing anything dodgy enough to be bothered about this anyway?

Sorry, but your lives aren't so special that the government cares whether you're sexting your wife's sister or something like that... lol...

Who is going to be doing anything dodgy enough to be bothered about this anyway?

Sorry, but your lives aren't so special that the government cares whether you're sexting your wife's sister or something like that... lol...

LOl CB... you know very little when it comes to this then...

British spies sacked for inappropriately and illicitly snooping on private information - News - Gadgets and Tech - The Independent

Let your eyes now be open! remember we are human and curious! and with these powers humans will do what they want.. sometimes spy on random people :cool: it's in our nature!

P.s CB please can you provide me a copy of your house key and location of your house.. alone with all photo ID/ bank cards, passwords and give me remote access to your laptops/ PC.. I know you have nothing to hide and I won't use any of this.. neither will I sell the info :cool:

Last edited:
Sorry, but that has **** all to do with what I send in a text message. I would never send my bank details via text, whatsapp, snapchat etc. That's what this whole topic is about, the use of encryted vs non-encrypted messaging. Of course people would be interested in bank information etc, and I'd be pretty pissed off that it had been shared, but within the scope of the question I couldn't give a flying **** whether somebody from government reads my text messages or not.

Don't be daft about the private info, I never stated I would give my personal details or objects like that to government agencies. Of course, if the government were asking for all that I'd object, but text messages asking how your mum is, and whether your friends will meet you for a drink etc is hardly suspicious or illegal activity.

Just a bunch of people scaremongering.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that has **** all to do with what I send in a text message. I would never send my bank details via text, whatsapp, snapchat etc. That's what this whole topic is about, the use of encryted vs non-encrypted messaging. Of course people would be interested in bank information etc, and I'd be pretty pissed off that it had been shared, but within the scope of the question I couldn't give a flying **** whether somebody from government reads my text messages or not.

Don't be daft about the private info, I never stated I would give my personal details or objects like that to government agencies. Of course, if the government were asking for all that I'd object, but text messages asking how your mum is, and whether your friends will meet you for a drink etc is hardly suspicious or illegal activity.

Just a bunch of people scaremongering.

You may not care, but others do... I want privacy.. so really people should just opt in to this law then.. why should my data be captured by the Gov and any other agency just because "you" and people like you don't care.... makes no sense..

I don't speak to people on my phone so other people who have nothing to do with my business can read/listen..

And I made the point about your ID etc but its all to do with "Privacy" and privacy is also security :cool:

It's pointless being an opt-in rule, what kind of terrorist would opt-in to a rule knowing that their messages to each other contains incriminating data?!

The point of the rule isn't to snoop on random people, the point of the rule is to gather intelligence about terrorist attacks, murders etc.

As an extreme (but possible) example... you're telling me that you would rather something similar to the 7/7 bombings occurs than allow the government to view your text messages? If your answer to this question is "yes" then you really need to think about your priorities...

Last edited:
It's pointless being an opt-in rule, what kind of terrorist would opt-in to a rule knowing that their messages to each other contains incriminating data?!

The point of the rule isn't to snoop on random people, the point of the rule is to gather intelligence about terrorist attacks, murders etc.

As an extreme (but possible) example... you're telling me that you would rather something similar to the 7/7 bombings occurs than allow the government to view your text messages? If your answer to this question is "yes" then you really need to think about your priorities...

No I dont want another terrorist attack to happen!! they could just keep them out the country!! have stronger border control and stop being a bunch of British p**sies who are afraid to say no! and put their foot down...

This is going off-topic lol. but the issue is if the bill comes into affect it just allows the Gov more and more control over innocent people (which is their side goal along side protecting us).. their is no freedom of speech - you get locked up for saying something on facebook now if someone else doesn't like it (and im not talking about terrorist posting things or someone threatening to kill you over and over).

Back
Top Bottom