WhatsApp, imessage and snapchat may be Banned!

What's next UK's government comes to your house and makes sure your hard drive is not encrypted......THEY MUST KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON TO SAVE THE WORLD. LOL. HORRIBLE LAW IF IT PASSES IN UK. HOW UPSETTING. :mad:

Does anyone know if this is just related to thees apps or ifs its going to cover all encrypted forms of communication with in the Tech world in the UK. I have an option on my Sony xperia for a proxy and often run Pro XPN on my Desktop.

According so the article, includes any for of encrypted message, so even email.

Sent from my HTC One

I just don't know how the planet will keep on spinning without snapchat... lol

Seriously, there are loads of messaging services out there, I have a friend in the UAE (in Dubai) and they block nearly all the online messengers like that (well, the calling function), but there are always a few that still work.

So in short, pain in the ***, but nothing we can't get around. Text messages aren't encrypted, so there is no real need for iMessage, WhatsApp etc to be encrypted either. If this helps them prove people guilty who may commit crimes, then I'm all for it.

The way Big Brother governments are going lately, why does this surprise anyone at all? This would also technically ban Facebook, Google, and several other systems.

The way Big Brother governments are going lately, why does this surprise anyone at all? This would also technically ban Facebook, Google, and several other systems.

Not to mention Amazon (and most other online shopping) and JustEat.

Does anyone know if this is just related to thees apps or ifs its going to cover all encrypted forms of communication with in the Tech world in the UK. I have an option on my Sony xperia for a proxy and often run Pro XPN on my Desktop.

At the moment, its related to "any" messaging services that encrypts data in the UK. If the UK Gov get the go ahead on the law, then it opens up the "possibility" of banning any encryption... or having a sort of "Key" to get into anything they want... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom