Whats the best Graphics card ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter-Strike said:
6800GT w/out a doubt. It is going to be able to be used for years to come, I mean it can run most games today on high w/out breaking a sweat, it will be years before games can stress these babies.

Agreed

6800GS is almost identical in perfomance compared to a 6800GT. 200 bucks, about 100 bucks cheaper the the GT, cheap for a high-end graphics card. Now my friend can actually get a decent gaming card and get rid of that geforce 4 MX. yuk!

Counter-Strike said:
6800GT w/out a doubt. It is going to be able to be used for years to come, I mean it can run most games today on high w/out breaking a sweat, it will be years before games can stress these babies.

What are you talking about? With "normal settings" F.E.A.R is choppy on the 6800GT. Half Life 2 Lost Coast with everything maxed is already pushing it for acceptable frame rates. Still an awesome card for the cash, but it's by no means going to last much longer, especially if you max your settings and reso when you play games. I'm already looking into a new video card. Im waiting for a good 512mb card to release so I can get an SLI board, then when the time comes, get another 512MB for cheaper than a new one, and have a gig of video memory :)

LOL F.E.A.R is choppy on the 6800GT on normal setting

well i have geforce 6600 (not gt), and fear runs very smooth on 1024x768 with medium setting, so 6800GT must run it on high setting, if not maxed.

If he wants the "best graphics card ever", a 6600gt is NOT going to cut it. Heck, I am disappointed with my 6800GT, which is basicly twice as powerful as a 6600GT. If you want a good graphics card, I would look into a 7800GT. They can be had for under $300 on newegg after rebates:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130247
And I paid $370 back when I got my 6800GT...

maroon1 said:
LOL F.E.A.R is choppy on the 6800GT on normal setting

well i have geforce 6600 (not gt), and fear runs very smooth on 1024x768 with medium setting, so 6800GT must run it on high setting, if not maxed.
No it dosn't. I have a 6800GT, and I have to drop it to 800x600 to keep my FPS over 60 (also on medium settings). On 1024x768, it dips into the high twenties. You are just used to playing it at 15-30fps. If you ever played it at over 60fps you would never go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom