What Would Happen to Your City If It Got Nuked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the 1.4Megaton i'd be right on the very edge of 1st degree burns, but even if the 15kt hit, i'd be in america for a while. I aint risking no radiation :p

SparkMonkeyHellion;1620872[B said:
]I'm glad that major ports have started adding the giant xray machines and neutron detectors....[/b]

Seriously though, Google is going to be the 4 arm of the Government soon...

I am not worried about that, because it dose not have to get past the port to be effective any weapon would be detonated while it was still on the ship or while it was being unloaded.

I am prity much baked if any weapon hits Liverpool the soviets had a wonderful technique of targeting citys multiple times if they where considered of strategic importance Liverpool has two dock's a ship yard capable of repairing aircraft carries a airport long enough to land practically any aircraft out there and a sizeable military presence.

i don't think i would be effected by anything (maybe the asteroid) if it got hit...but seriously, why would anyone bomb Canada, let alone sudbury haha.

^ With that attitude I am not surprised that you guys have snowballs an we have the Abomb.

What would happen if sydney got nuked? Just watch the price of Sydney property skyrocket!!!!!

To answer your question luke

i don't think i would be effected by anything (maybe the asteroid) if it got hit...but seriously, why would anyone bomb Canada, let alone sudbury haha.

Not to mention your a ideal gateway into the mainland united states, you are also there closest (physical) ally to the US with a western army, this puts you in a prime position to assist the USA and you have a lot of natural resources this is what makes you a ideal candidate for a nuclear strike.

^are you seriously kidding mate? There is NO way a nuclear strike, heck even a few of them, would effect Canada, our population is spread out to much and most of our major cities are not that large, with a few exception. There is no way a hostile force could hold ANY area of Canada because they would be out manned and out gunned. Plus, the US and our allies would have NO CHOICE but to come to Canada's aid immediately. It would be completely pointless, and would not work.
Not to mention your a ideal gateway into the mainland united states

Where is this invisible army of ten billion and advanced military hardware coming from? because that is what you would need to attack canada and then try to go into the states...
this puts you in a prime position to assist the USA and you have a lot of natural resources this is what makes you a ideal candidate for a nuclear strike.

I agree in that sence, that if they wanted to hurt Canada that some terrorist attack could happen, but not a nuclear strike by a long shot. Think of it, kill a lot of people, and probably force a MAJOR retaliation from Canada, or nuke America, KILL A **** LOAD MORE PEOPLE and have some retaliation. US is preoccupation with all that they are doing now, it would take quite a while for them to mobilize. Canada would again, be a bad choice for a nuke strike.

That about clear things up?

I am not surprised that you guys have snowballs an we have the Abomb

That is what i was confused about by the way... not what you were talking about. We have Nuclear weapons. Also, the fact that Canada helped develope the Abomb as well.

Luke while the blast of a nuclear weapon is what most people consider the main event (an in a lot of respects it is) the fallout of a blast is what matters more than the initial explosion, NATO guidelines from the late 50's an 60's talk of nuclear weapons as a area denial weapon although this theory for there use is now not allowed by international law when the chips are down or if you are fighting a war with any of the big boys after a while the LOAC goes right out the window.

China is possibly other than the USA an Russia that has a army big enough to successfully invade Canada in any meaningful fashion while this situation is unlikely it is not that far fetched, an yes while we would be obliged to assist as would the USA it is more than likely that if canada was invaded and nuclear weapons where allowed to be used we would have much bigger problems to deal with.

And luke I am fully aware of the Canadian contribution to the Manhattan project and I am aware of what would happen should they be used. Also if your knowledge of season 16 of the Simpsons was up to scratch you would know that that line was not a Chris original it was recycled from Grampa simpson while he was loading the plain with Canadian meds to sell in Springfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom