What next?

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
Hello everybody! And thanks in advance for any answers!

Ill get right to it. I found an article online that shows how to slipstream SP3 into a Windows XP SP2 installation disk, and my reasoning for attempting it was the promise of getting XP on my laptop, which for some weird reason rejects the original disk by giving me a nice blue screen after "loading windows." I'm basically done with the process; I ripped the disk's contents and slipstreamed SP3 successfully into them. Now all I need to do is create the bootable image, but I need the boot loader for the original disk. Even if I had it, I don't know what to do next. So my question is how do I get the bootloader? Or rather what am I looking for on the disk?

When you burn the disc to CD it should automatically be there. I've never had to add a boot loader to an XP disc. You really only need a program to add a boot loader when you want to do a flash drive install which is a PITA with XP.

When you burn the disc to CD it should automatically be there. I've never had to add a boot loader to an XP disc. You really only need a program to add a boot loader when you want to do a flash drive install which is a PITA with XP.

That's what I thought originally; but after I had what I thought was a working ISO image, I couldn't get it to boot in a VM.

Just use nLite. Creaets a bootable ISO for you.

Ill give that a go but for future reference does nLite do anything different than a standard ISO creator? Because the one I used was generic freeware and it created a useless image file, which for this program has never happened to me before.

nLite isn't an ISO creator. It's a Windows editor. You can add and remove things from Windows XP, slipstream service packs and much more while also making a bootable ISO of the copy of Windows you just created.

nLite isn't an ISO creator. It's a Windows editor. You can add and remove things from Windows XP, slipstream service packs and much more while also making a bootable ISO of the copy of Windows you just created.

Seems to make the job easier, and I see where I went wrong with this. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom