Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it's okay.

• Yes, it really sucks.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a cool picture, I should take a picture of my green iguana on my tie die bed sheets :) That would look cool!

So, I guess I will not be converting anyone to a digital camera. A digital camera has an os inside and I do all my editing with my computer. Most of what makes a good game system works for digital editing.

I like macro (small) photography, especially shots of computer parts and metal crystals.

Vincent, nice snake.

I love photography, it's something I've always wanted to do, but it is very expensive to get into. This may sound crazy but I wanted to be a storm chaser! LOL I took this pic a few years ago. It was a severe thunderstorm that developed south of my area. Enjoy! :)

storm2.jpg

Yeah, I like the idea of it but..
If only I could afford it, maybe 1 day. I got a digital camcorder which can take stills but the resolution isn't high enough and the filters are a bit poor so I gave up with the stills. Motion photography, i.e. video is fun though and with latest editing software can look quite nice for not too much work.
Has anyone given the Windows XP digital editing software a decent test? Is it worth upgradin to XP for it?

Hey Chalk! That pic you sent us to ..........really ..yuck, lol (but very good & detailed)
You wanted to know which camera to buy, (wow, that a tall order) but let me make it easy for you,........

Since you like cool pics but do not want to go 'all out' on a camera, I suggest a 'high-end' (Not professional) camera. Get one with at least 4 MegaPixels so you can blow up you pics a bit, (maybe around A3 size [11.7"-x-16.5"] max) most 4MP & up cameras will give you enough features so as not to get board & produce quality shots. (you will need a camera with a "Macro Mode" feature for those close up shots you like.)

(Digital Cameras go from 1Mp to 6Mp then jump! to 11Mp! I've even heard of 2 Kodaks .....a 14Mp & 16Mp!! The 16Mp is very new! $21,000us!, lol)

Lets say you think you may really get into this photography thing once you buy the stupid camera, lol. Then, Consider buying a more professional model one time! (A Digital SLR [single Lens Reflex] Camera) ...........but be warned, they are expensive to buy & maintain (you have to buy your lenses seperatly (more cost), Batteries run out sooner, you'll want a tripod if you're serious, insurance for it, etc.) These cameras have enough feature to give you a headache! But once you get the hang of it, the cool types of shots you can take is sooooooo rewarding!

I have a 3.2mp Sony Cybershot DSC-P71, (old model) but I get good quality pics, (max print size 8"-x-10" at perfect resolution)
You may consider buying a newer model to mine. Maybe you can look at the Nikon coolpix & Canon Powershot series also (I hear those are very good & priced right)

If you want to take it a step further, go for a Cheaper Digital SLR Camera... like the "Sigma SD9" (sweet!) it uses a New tech: the Foveon X3 chip (you get more 'true to life' pics with it.) (can make pics up to A3 size.) This is a 3.43Mp camera, but some people mix it up & say it's a 10mp [long story] anyway, it gives really good res. for so little Megapixels. (lots of 'photo detectors') There's a company selling on ebay (47st.photo) that sells a SD9 bundle for $2000, but you get all you need (tripod, 2 lenses, carry case, etc)
--your call--

.........And of course, if you are just rolling in doe and don't mind the initial headaches: go for the camera I want, The Canon EOS-1Ds $8000 street price .....but you get amazing discounts on ebay! (down to $2000us! [camera only, no lenses]) I suggest any SLR Camera you want, you should check out compatable lenses first (Canon for instance got some okayish lenses [my opinion] but I'll still buy their camera, cause I know those cool Sigma lenses will work with it! (so do your homework) ........well I guess thats it.

Visit http://www.dcresource.com/ to review cameras

The Offical site to get the price of the camera you want (like Canonusa)

Then search on ebay for your bargins!

(want more? .......can't remember the site... but type in your browser "Infrared basics for digital photographers" ..you should get a cool site explaning this seldom used style. [check cliffshade.com I'm not sure])

OH!! www.pcmag.com has the most useful write-up on how to select a digital camera for you! Click the small "digital cameras" link near the top of the home page, thenk click the "how to buy digital cameras" link. (it's a bit of reading, so print it out, read, understand, then go shopping!) lol. ..........see-ya chalk :)
demi

sure :) ,....anytime chalk

PS: that quote you have about the Digital Equipment President is Really Funny, lol (look how things turned out, lol) Now we got computers on us! just now, maybe in us! *hee*

hey Ecniv! where did you get that cool animation!? let me in on the site so I can get one of my own. My pic is boreing me now. lol (I'll take suggestions from anyone) thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom