Web proxy server

plmajholm

Beta member
Hi, I need to make a website that loads another website through a proxy server. Is it possible to do that just by using the ip address of the proxy server?

i'll be grateful for any help!

Loads another Website?

You can make Web Proxies on Visual Studio 2005 but that's only for Web Services... for an entire site - I don't know.

What i mean is not a Web Proxy Server (even though i used that name as Subject.) I want to make the server, that my webpage is at, connect to the server (which the requested website is at), through a proxy server, and retrieve the requested webpage.

Sorry if my english isn't that good, but i hope you understand...

Hmmm, yeah I kind of understand. Could you not ask your Host to Cluster the Servers? Or do you not have two full servers, just two hosting services?

You can make Web Proxies to do things like that; however I'm not sure why you're not just hyperlinking to the pages and leaving the fact its on a different server out of it?

Ok, I'll do my very best to explain...

My school uses some kind of web restriction thing (its called Websense).
It can easily be bypassed with a proxy server, but as more and more students began using proxy's, the administrator (who's no expert at all and does'nt know anything about proxy servers) said that anyone who enters restricted websites will get their accounts removed. If i make a website that loads/shows/retrieves/(whatever, i just hope you understand) a website that is blocked/restricted, the administrator cant say that im at restricted websites, because my website is not blocked/restricted! :)

The problem is, that i dont know how to do it...

Thank you for trying to help me! Hope you understand this time...

Ah!

User Custom Controls in ASPX, link a Register Tag to the site, and put the Tag on your site. It will load up the page linked. You can't browse the site - but you can see pages.

Frames of course would be a way of browsing a site on another; but that may involve the Client downloading the site, not the Server. You want something Server Side; anything beyond the above however I do not know.

you could load a site for browsing using a frame on your own html page, (use PHP/ASP/PERL -or whatever your favorite active language is) to load the content as if it were at the site you were browsing to.

as LK said, this would very much restrict your browsing to just seeing pages, unless you loaded the page and then searched through and modified the links, so it looked like the page was at your own site...

but again you won't be able to use the active content of a site, (well not a site that used post commands...) you could cache GET method pages on your server, but there would be a severe lag, and any site that required a session or cookie to be established, (practically any forum) would be (I think) impossible to re-render on your own site.

to set you on your way...
you could load a plain html page from a 'resticted' site onto your own site simply like this....

Code:
<?php
$file=('http://page address?getstatements');

for ($line=0;$line<=sizeof($file);$line++)
{
print "$file[$line]";
}

?>

All you administrator would see is that you had requested a page from your own site, and the content would not be visible to the administrator...

though practicalyl you'll enjoy this for about five minutes before the administrator looked over your shoulder and banned you for life.

Back
Top Bottom