Web Browser Privacy: Auto-LogOut Possible?

TheRoo

Baseband Member
I've tried both Mozilla FireFox, and Google Chrome- but no matter my choice, there seems to be no options available for automatically signing out of all sessions upon closing your web browser.

If I've overlooked something, and FireFox already has this feature, could anyone explain to me where I could find it? I'd prefer not to use Google Chrome.

tl;dr
I need a way to automatically sign out of everything that I logged into (Gmail, YouTube, Twitter, etc) upon closing my FireFox browser.

i think if you use a private session, then the browser would not remember that you were logged in.

chrome has incognito, ie has in private browsing, im not sure what firefox calls this.

i havn't tested this.

Hi,

In Firefox:

1. Go to Options > Privacy tab then under History select 'Use custom settings for history' in the drop-down menu.
  2. Check 'Clear history when Firefox closes' then click on the Settings... button to the right.
  3. Once the Settings for Clearing History box appears, check Form & Search History, Cookies, Active Logins and Cache then OK all the changes.
Now each time you exit Firefox, all session data including accounts which have been logged into (but excluding web and download history) will be cleared.

In Google Chrome, you need to go to Settings, then click Show advanced settings, next click the Content settings... button under Privacy and the Content Settings menu should appear. Under Cookies, ensure that 'Keep local data only until I quit my browser' is checked then OK all the changes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom