Web Browser help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster_eater123

Beta member
I cannot figure out what Web Browser I want to stick with. I am running a 512kbps wireless internet connection. I hate IE and I have the latest release of Firefox. But, Firefox just seems bloated .... it takes a lot of processing power to run, but it is screaming fast at loading web pages. I have noticed that Firefox does like to lag on images and flash content once in a while. I cannot seem to get Opera to run very fast on my connection. I have tired chrome. Chrome was blazing fast as well but, too plain for me. I do like what Safari has to offer but again it seems to lag horribly on my connection. I have even tried the Safari Beta 4 and it seemed even slower! I have a personally built computer running XP Pro, an E4300 core 2 CO'D to 3 GHz, 2 XFX 7600 GT's. Any Ideas here?

Firefox + Fasterfox + Firefox Ultimate Optimizer = WIN! Toss in noScript, AdBlock, and Flashblock and you are set.

Fasterfox and Firefox Ultimate Optimizer do not work in Firefox 3.

Yes they do.

Fasterfox you need the Nightly Tester Tools Extension and all extension then work just fine.

I have tested Optimizer myself in XP/Vista and Win7. It works just fine in XP/Vista with firefox 3. It is only win7 that presents a issue and it has nothing to do with Firefox 3. It is Win7.

FUO is a separate .exe that forces Firefox to use minimal RAM.

And, as said above, Nightly Tester Tools will allow you to use Fasterfox. I use NTT for many extensions, as I run 3.1b3.

It's a false positive. I think there's a way to set it up so NOD32 will ignore it, but I don't know where to find it offhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom