WAMP cause browser problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi229

Daemon Poster
ADZ & Emily,

maybe you two or someone else could shed a littel light on my mystery here. For quite some time i have been unable to connect to this and what at first seemed to be random ASAP member sites. Later i discovered that it just seemed to happen to some sites, but only if they were running forums, i could not browse to the sites.

i have 1 external IP address and i know it wasn't blocked, however i have made some network changes. My "server" used to be a Win XP Pro box running WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP... for those not familiar) as a service in windows. I worked wonderfully allowing me to hoste my own web site for the family... just picture pages and a phpbb forum.

The past 24 hours i have spent converting that box to a Windows 2000 Advanced Server - running all options. It is now the true "server" i needed for everything, media, file and print server, DHCP, DNS... you get the point.

Now, i'll be happy to answer any more questions about what i had set up, but can someone please help me figure out why i was unable to browse to certain sites, including my favorite... TF!!!

Could there have been some conflicts in ports and or port forwarding b/c of my phpbb forum? If so, will it come back when i move my website over to IIS... and possibly host several small sites?

thanks
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom