Vintage PC software :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
Hiya folks...so I was cleaning recently and figured I could make use of many useless demo cds and dvds from various sources...maybe string them together and make some kinda of tacky neo retro cd version of the beaded curtain ;)

BUT, I then needed to clean out all the old software I've collected since the beginning, some have suffered water damage/mildew (the ones still in their boxes) and others were just kept in little boxes in their jewel cases.

Now...what do you think...software that is on the order of 12 years or so...even useless by today's standards...you think I could auction site these babies for something? Even if I don't get rich, someone might want them? Maybe a retro software museum.

hehe

only a decade old...not really that old but I think the beginning of CD software.

EDIT: oldest software so far seems to be 1992. lol

Well, just because software is a decade old doesn't make it useless.....

Starcraft is about 10 years old or so... I think it dates back to '95 or '96...

You should post the lot of it on ebay or something just for giggles, see if anyone bites, you never know. I hear that if you get your hands on one of the first gen apple computers, they fetch upwards of $10,000....... also pretty much useless for anyone today.

thats because there are only about 200 in existence. there are many collectors who go after that stuff. if its pre 1990 chances are some collector will want it.

They've had some REALLY good games from a while back. I remember playing a game called Gunship 2000. The install came in a couple of floppy disks. But, both disks got corrupted and I didn't have backups :(..

I've still got my sister's copy of SimCity... came on multiple 5.25" floppys. Probably some more along those lines somewhere at my parents house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom