Video BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
My FX5200 acts weird so I want to flash my BIOS. Where can I find a BIOS for my card. I dunno what the manufacturer, I guess it's just Nvidia? They don't have any BIOS on their site. Please help!

I also want to flash my Creative SB Live! 5.1 if possible.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
I think I'm screwed. I tried multiple BIOS versions. Some worked but they displayed 64MB instead of 128MB and some of them displayed wrong brands like PNY. I'm sure I don't have a PNY. So I couldn't find any good BIOS and tried to restore my original BIOS wich I had backed up on the floppy. I kept getting errors and read on a website that u should erase the BIOS if you get a lot of errors, or something, and try to flash it again. So I erased the BIOS, but the original BIOS didn't load and I had more errors. So I tried the "new" BIOS version again and got similar errors. SO I shutdown my comp and now I get beeps and black screen of dead. I guess it's unrecoverable????????

(I'm using my Cougar Video Edition Nvidia TNT2 M64 Pro 32MB again.)

idiotec

Fully Optimized
Man, that sucks. I would look around and see if there is a way to flash upon bootup. So you could possibly just boot with the floppy in there and have it automatically boot. I have know idea if anything like that exists for a vidcard, I know you can with a mainboard bios.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Flashing video BIOS works exactly the same as mobo BIOS, but my comp doesn't boot with the FX anymore. Beep...beep...beep.
And it stays black.

At least I have beter quality picture with my old card :) The FX had weird moving lines on my screen, that's why I want to flash it.

Maybe there's a way to bot my comp with my old PCI card, and have the FX5200 installed, and flash it that way? I would have to set the PCI vga as primary in my BIOS rite? Any suggestions?

I'm gonna try Wolf:ET with this old gfx card now, lol.

If nothing works I will prolly buy an 9800Pro or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.