Upgrading my Dell Inspiron 570 Video card questions?

hmm i see.

for riseman51:
it worked for me and i was happy with it. i had that setup running for 1 year(then i sold the card and the pc). but if you want to be on the safe side, go with what OG says. he is a wise man, and he knows what he is talking about.

Is there a 400 Watt power supply you guys would reccomend to me thats cheap but a reliable brand?

Antec has actually been putting out some nice Green model PSUs for relatively little cash. I'd recommend at least getting one of those to try out. I have this same unit:
Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

in one of my servers, and it's a great little PSU. Cheap too. It's in a price range that I normally tell folks to avoid, but we use Antec 300's and 400's at work without any issues at all, so I'm comfortable recommending them.

I'm not trying to discount Echo's statements, by the way. Just that in my experience, overtaxing a PSU is a bad investment for your PC. Hate to see folks fry a system, whether it happens right away, over time, or never.

nice PSU. but it might not fit inside a DELL case.
i had the same issue with my old DELL demention 5000. i borrowed a 650W something PSU. the standard type that should fit in any case.
the problem was that the DELL case had a block of some sort and that blocked out the PSU i borrowed. i then notes that the DELL PSU had this hole where the block could fit into.
so it could not be properly installed. i did it anyway by mounting two screws and used some strips to do the rest. at least it worked ^^

take out your PSU and see if there is any thing that might be blocking a standard PSU.

Back
Top Bottom