UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME 0x000000ED

Status
Not open for further replies.
also. im appreciating all the advice and tips but not sure how i am going to be able to download anything, or start any sort of process if im unable to boot my computer up past the "starting windows" screen AT ALL. im at a loss. :confused:

Well you must have access to some machine if you are able to check the site and respond. The suggestions are given so that you can use that machine to download the material needed and burn them to use with the machine in question.

You dont give us any information but yet you post. We are not mind readers nor do we know what your situation is. You have to inform us. Since you are posting we automatically guess that you have access to some machine that is funcational since you are responding.

Maybe if you were more specific on what you can and cant accomplish, we could be of more assistance. Cause until you give us clear and direct answers on what you can do, we are going to continue to suggest things that require access to another PC.

Whatever your hdd manufacturer is, if your using a seagate or western digital download their diagnostics tool and repair suite.
Boot up into dos mode and run that utitlity and have it scanned for bad sectors, if it finds any have it be moved, or zero fill it to possiibly fix that for now.
I also recommend you look into system mechanics 10 drive medic tool, you can do it in windows or in dos mode.
I prefer you do this in dos mode to prevent any further problems, have it scanned rhe whole hdd and let it find any bad sectors, given that it will give you 3 options to choose from if it finds any serious problems.
If your hdd cannot be repaired it will stop immediatley and tell you the hdd cannot be repaired.

I recommend you look into a new hdd eitherway if money is not a issue for you right now.

EDit:
Ok, if your attempted to reinstall your os which is windows 7 and it stopped during installation with a error, go ahead and directly unplug the machnine for 2 minutes.
why you ask ? to flush out any cache and to let windows 7 installation there was a error at freeze up and to redo the whole installtion process.
That will prevent windows from carrying in any corrupted install file into your machine upon a successfull bootup and have a chain reaction of problems soon to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom