Turn an Old PC into an Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ that pic was from the same thing i posted >.<

they didn't use water though, they used mineral oil.

at the beginning temps looked ok, but after 12hrs, cpu temps topped at 88c, so yea some circulation would help. they did add bubbles though which dropped max cpu temps to 84c.

still, doesn't seem practical but it could be a cool project to try with some spare parts or something.

ahhh no man, i'm not trying to crush any hopes n dreams here lol. Just saying it's one of those things you have to know what you're getting into before you get into it. And that it's not going to be a super cooled machine o powerfulness lol :p

Would be cool to use it as an aquarium though. But would be kinda hard to actually use as a pc. You could always use some type of non-conductive oil instead of water. There is actually a custom pc website thing that does this. They use some kinda silicon based oil or something to "liquid cool" the whole pc. Has some kind of external fan thing on top or something to kinda move it around n everything. Dunno how well it works but the oil stuff is expensive (I want to say it's $100+/gallon but I can't remember). BUT there has been a thread about this subject before on this website with the website I mentioned brought up there too..so maybe you can search for it and find it if you really want to look into this.

No hopes or dreams crushed here... I'm quite good at putting electricity and water together. Check out the view from where I'm sitting right now:

Deskview.jpg

Just sayin... :)

I don't want sound like am a waving a flag for PeTA, but I feel that some thing like this would be a little unfair for the fish.
Firstly the thank is not going to be that big. The other problem is that inside of the computer will be hot. Typically inside temps of a computer case is about 10 degrees more than room temp. So obviously this will heat up the water too.

Apart from that, I am sure that the fish with it 2 second memory will be swimming around thinking that he's in some server environments.
"oh look...... a processor....... oh look..... another processor......"

^ ya. Lol. I was just taking about taking a old tower and throwing some old components you dont care about to seal it up some and put some fish in it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom