This Ticks Me Off Beyond All Belief

Status
Not open for further replies.
good point ethan. but if someone comes into this country illegally, it is not my concern that they are able to find a job. if they cant, perhaps they should have followed the proper channels to immigrate to this country instead of sneaking in and...most importantly...using the services this country offers (such as medicaid and other social programs) WITHOUT PAYING ANY TAXES. so, if they are here doing whatever job they can find and cant afford this or that...i have no sympathy for them because they are taking the money that all of us that do pay our taxes and using it without contributing to the kitty. now, i wouldn't sneak into canada and then find a job and because i am illegal and ineligible for college go onto the dole. thats just me. it has to stop somewhere.

good point ethan. but if someone comes into this country illegally, it is not my concern that they are able to find a job. if they cant, perhaps they should have followed the proper channels to immigrate to this country instead of sneaking in and...most importantly...using the services this country offers (such as medicaid and other social programs) WITHOUT PAYING ANY TAXES. so, if they are here doing whatever job they can find and cant afford this or that...i have no sympathy for them because they are taking the money that all of us that do pay our taxes and using it without contributing to the kitty. now, i wouldn't sneak into canada and then find a job and because i am illegal and ineligible for college go onto the dole. thats just me. it has to stop somewhere.

Oh yeah I definitely don't like people that sneak in illegally.

Aaron, why do you think the workers are to blame?

The Unions didnt help. I can vouch for that. Being at Bethlehem steel i know first hand that the Unions wanted the most money for us workers. But being at a job where the ovens were at 2500 Degrees C yeah i can see why they would want us to get paid a premium for our work.

But the fact is that the companies are to blame. They went across to China to get the cheap Steel. Yet they still raise the cost of their car every year when it is costing them less now more than ever for the stuff they use to make it.

Steel is cheaper, the plastic is and never was expensive. The most expensive part of the car, the engine. Which now that it is made out of mainly aluminum is still cheaper than it was when it was all steel.

They got greedy as i already said. They wanted the most bang for the buck. they want people to spend $35K or more on a truck that cost them $10K to make. To get tat $15K profit to line their pockets. Then wonder why people went with the import cars that cost them $15K with a mark up of $5K.

Dont get me wrong. I love the USA and i loved working for the steel industry. But since GM, Ford and Damien Chrysler went with foreign steel it cost me and many people i know our jobs back in 2001. Not a word was said about it back then. But now that the car companies are begging for money people are starting to look at it.

Why not back then when places like Bethlehem steel got shut down after 100 YEARS of being a landmark USA company. But yet no one even blinked. Yet now we are supposed to feel sorry for GM, Ford and Damien Chrysler cause now they are in financial trouble?

Please. Tell the big wigs to give up their mult million dollar bonuses. Tell them to cut back on the mansions, multiple cars and all that. Give some of that money back to the company. Then they wouldnt need a $5 Billion loan from the Govt.

Bethlehem Steel was losing its tail off trying to sell its steel. The owners were losing money everday just to keep us working. But again no one said a word about it. But we are supposed to feel remorse? I dont think so.

Oh yeah I definitely don't like people that sneak in illegally.

Aaron, why do you think the workers are to blame?

This bothers me because a lot of people come over here that way and still apply for residency and citizenship and try their best.

Foreign governments make it extremely hard to do things legit..and these people are just looking for a better life for themselves and their families.

I wont get into detail but some people who are close to me entered that way several years ago and now barely have gotten residency and are trying to get citizenship.

And its costing $10,000 to do it......thats why so many people dont even bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom