The New X-Fi cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Does anybody know anything about the three new x-fi cards that were released recently? They released the Xtreme Audio, Xtreme Gamer, and the Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro.

Apparently according to Creative's comparison chart on their website the Gamer version has everything the Xtreme music has except it's half the size (and has different connectivity). The extreme audio from what I hear is pretty crappy in gaming compared to the other X-Fi cards. I can't find any reviews for them.

You can find the charts on the creative website under support and knowledge base, pick you country, etc., then pick X-fi, then x-fi sound cards compared. (I can't post the url for it in the forums without it screwing up)

003 said:
It's a lot better than the Audigy line, anyway. For gaming I would look into this, it looks promising:
http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-meridian.php

Just look up the reviews.

Those reviews are by un-knowing idiots who are THINK it sounds better just because its new and more expensive. Its like a placebo. I knew as soon as I posted in a dead thread, 003 would be quick to counter it.

Audigy FTW

Crysalis said:
Those reviews are by un-knowing idiots who are THINK it sounds better just because its new and more expensive. Its like a placebo. I knew as soon as I posted in a dead thread, 003 would be quick to counter it.

Audigy FTW

Uh, no I am just attracted to the same type of threads as you.

The auzentech card I would assume not to be placebo (although I can not say for sure), but it's specs are far, FAR better than the audigy, and the x-fi as well if you dont count eax (creative wont let other people use anything higher than eax 2).

It has swappable opamps and does not resample cd audio.

edit:
and this thread was dead? I don't even look at the date of the thread until somebody mentions how old it is. You know thats how it works.

I'm totally cool with onboard, if you actually learn your settings it can be just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom