I Desperately Need Some Help.

ibpigeonmaster

Beta member
Hello all, for the last few years I've been an avid gamer. unfortunately my internet didn't understand that. I have however moved into a new home with godly internet connection and began building a PC. i had the money decided it was something i loved, did the research and had a few friends who had built their own PC's, so felt pretty confident about the situation. I have now encountered some problems however. Two of my favorite games Player Unknowns Battlegrounds and Counter Strike: Global offensive are not working properly at least not in a playable way. I cant play more than a few minutes of PUBG without the game its self crashing, no warning and no lag, just all of a sudden the game freezes up and then crashes. PUBG crash reporter comes up and allows me to choose whether to send or close without sending, but there is never any crash report. Just a message saying "we don't know what happened." all on lowest settings. CSGO is different. the game doesn't crash but after a bit of playing the game will almost minimize itself for a few seconds. so i can see the desktop but i still cant use my mouse. the audio freezes as well. if you've played CSGO you know its very fast paced and competitive so an issue like that makes it unplayable. I've also played GTA V on it and not had any issues. of all titles i thought that would be tho one to give me trouble. anyway, I'm stumped. and so are my friends. i have driver easy and I've installed all the correct drivers. the only thing i can think of is that my GPU, a 750ti is causing the issue. i have that in there because of how pricey GPU's were when i bought the parts and i plan on upgrading. but i have zero lag on the maximum game settings in both those games even still it has the issues on lowest settings. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated any more information needed let me know. I'm about a week away from returning as many of the parts as i can and saving up for some kind of pre built so I'd love to not have to do that.
RIG:
Operation System Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Memory 16 GB
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - PRIME X370-PRO
Video Cards NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Monitors W2361
Hard Disk Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB (250.0 GB)
Network Card Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection
Processor
Name AMD K17
Code Name Summit Ridge
TDP --
Package --
Technology 14 nm
Core Voltage --
Specification AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
Family 15
Model --
Stepping --
Ext. Family --
Ext. Model --
Revision --
Instructions MMX (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, x86-64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3

Clocks
Core Speed 3691.2 MHz
Multiplier x 37
Bus Speed 99.8 MHz
QPILink --

Cache
L1 Data 8 x 32 KBytes
L1 Inst 8 x 64 KBytes
Level 2 8 x 512 KBytes
Level3 16384 KBytes

Motherboard
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model PRIME X370-PRO Rev X.0x
Chipset AMD K17 Bridge
Revision 00
Southbrige AMD Carrizo FCH
Revision 51
LPCIO --

BIOS
Core Speed American Megatrends Inc.
Version 3803
Date 01/22/2018

General
Type --
Size 16312 MBytes
Channel# --
DC Model --
NB Frequency --

GPU
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Manufacturer 17236231
Code Name GM107
Technology 28 nm
Revision --

Clocks
Core 1175.8 MHz
Shader --
Memory 2700 MHz

Memory
Size 2048 MBytes
Type 8
Bus Width --

Last edited:
0 lag, 750ti, max settings, pubg/gta v. Gonna have to call you out on that one.

I'd put money on driver easy being your problem. Never utilize a 3rd party software to get drivers for your system. I would grab the motherboard and Nvidia drivers off their websites, put those on a flash drive, reinstall Windows, and then try. Also don't install the extra software the motherboard provides. These can be buggy and lead to problems that could potentially cause headaches if you don't know what you're dealing with.

I also don't understand why you built a new rig using Ryzen 2 but went with an X370 board. It shouldn't cause any issues if the bios has the latest update, but the X470 boards support faster memory without a lot of tweaking. X370 likes to be crashy with memory over 2666 without some tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom