The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, i dont have any extra slots. (serves me right for not buying an sli/xfire mobo)

Wow, by me folding now the whole team is pushing almost 50k ppd...we can do a lot better, more quad and gpu owners need to fold.

If i could afford a quad i would get one and fold with that. Same goes for a better video card. Sadly i do not have the funds. :(

Still me getting over 1000PPD is better than what i used to do when i folded with jsut my CPU getting only 90PPD alone to earn 13,000. :p

hrmmmm.... i'm still in a bit of a slump on the video card i wanna get..

i may have the funds for one this friday... i don't want anything fancy

8800gtx
9800gtx
8800gts
8800gt...

any recommendations people

keep in mind.. this is all 200 dollar price range

and obviously.. i will help fold with it.. so any help would be appreciated

9800gtx... (even the 9800gtx+ is worthy..) :)

HD 4850 doesn't fold as well even though its the best card

i'm heading more toward the 4850.. for the reason of... i can get tri-fire or crossfire with my board...

but i really am tempted toward 9800gtx

Got a problem, guys. My F@H client (6.12beta6) says it is sleeping. As far as I know, that means it ain't doing diddly. What's going on, and what can I do about it?

Sleeping usually happens when there is a problem with the card or F@H. After 5 failed attempts to get a work order to complete or load, the program may sleep for 24 hours before trying again. If F@H fails during a work unit 5 times in a row, it will sleep.
If you card overheated and caused F@H to stop, it could goto sleep.
If your core for F@H is out dated, it will sleep.
I would bet the first thing to do is as Rican said, update. I bet your core is out dated.

I uninstalled what I had and downloaded the new one. It is installed and all, but can't seem to send its results. My previous connection problems are taken care of, so I don't have a clue why it can't upload. I made sure it wasn't firewalled, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom