The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Ricanflow - That was the Windows 2000/XP display drivers, sorry I should have said I'm running this on Vista but I'm downloading the correct drivers now.

Not sure if it's because I haven't got the drivers installed yet but Fahmon shows the client is stuck at 2% and it hasn't moved in a while. A little red square is next to the 2% as well.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Ricanflow - That was the Windows 2000/XP display drivers, sorry I should have said I'm running this on Vista but I'm downloading the correct drivers now.

Not sure if it's because I haven't got the drivers installed yet but Fahmon shows the client is stuck at 2% and it hasn't moved in a while. A little red square is next to the 2% as well.

You said you were running the cpu client, not the gpu client.

It wont run without cuda enabled drivers either, and you cant take shortcuts.

This is a beta client, and you seem to be really quick to jump into using it before actually reading the FAQ or anything. Also note, that this will stress the gpu to 100% load and consume lots of heat and power.

I checked back and actually I didn't say I was running the CPU client. Sure I was running the standard program (CPU) however I took your advice, downloaded the GPU2 client and the CUDA Drivers, Uninstalled my current drivers and installed both things.

And the result is it doesn't work. Stays at 2% and makes my graphics card make a weird noise until I turn F@H off.

Hello,

I run the latest driver from nVidia. Version 175.19. Not the CUDA Drivers cause those wouldnt allow me to do GFX work and they work just fine with the F@D GPU client. I still get way over 1,000PPD on my card at all times.

Cheers,
Mak

You said you were running the cpu client, not the gpu client.

It wont run without cuda enabled drivers either, and you cant take shortcuts.

This is a beta client, and you seem to be really quick to jump into using it before actually reading the FAQ or anything. Also note, that this will stress the gpu to 100% load and consume lots of heat and power.

How's that new thread coming along?

Hello,

I run the latest driver from nVidia. Version 175.19. Not the CUDA Drivers cause those wouldnt allow me to do GFX work and they work just fine with the F@D GPU client. I still get way over 1,000PPD on my card at all times.

Cheers,
Mak

Those drivers are cuda enabled, which is what i mean by cuda drivers.

I use 177.35 myself, which are the cuda 2.0 drivers, much more stable than the cuda 1.0 drivers (174.55).

Those drivers are cuda enabled, which is what i mean by cuda drivers.

I use 177.35 myself, which are the cuda 2.0 drivers, much more stable than the cuda 1.0 drivers (174.55).

Rican,

I beleive that is where some of the confusion comes in. By saying CUDA Drivers people go to download them from the nVidia CUDA Site. Not realizing that some of the regular drivers, like the ones i run, are CUDA enabled. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Rican,

I beleive that is where some of the confusion comes in. By saying CUDA Drivers people go to download them from the nVidia CUDA Site. Not realizing that some of the regular drivers, like the ones i run, are CUDA enabled. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Agreed.

As a side note, ive decided to switch over to team tech forums!!

Sucks, because i have over 300k points with my current team, but oh well. 200K of those were acquired with gpu's only, and i have three of them right now so its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom