Switching from Yahoo Small Business to SiteSell

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenfoot

In Runtime
I'm thinking of putting my new site online with Yahoo Small Business hosting my web so as to hang on to the domain and make my online presence. I'm thinking of switching to SiteSell once I've really got everything I want on my website.

Could I switch website hoster (is this even a word?) without paying a fee for it? And would I lose all my content when I switch?

Thanks.

you can keep yahoo as your registrar if you want to and just change the dns server to point to the new server.you may be able to do it in yahoos control panel.
does SiteSell sell hosting :question:
looks more like their just selling webware.

i would save your money and go with a real hosting company.bluehost.com is good.
moving your content depends how it was made.if you can download it and it is useable then yes it can be moved.

The best paid web host is definetly www.siteground.com im about to buy a yearly package with them. Its got pretty much everything you need plus its $5.95 per month!

They also have very good customer support. I read some reviews on the host and they have all been positive. Check it out.

question: how easy it is to move content? for example 50gbs worth, from one host to another?

They will do it for you, dunno if it will be for free but siteground did mine for free and that was 45Gb.

yeah,you can ask and they may do it for free.
you can do it yourself.i think it would be done by SSH.

who would do it, the host your leaving or the host your going to?

oh yea and how long did it take your 45gbs to get transfered over?

the host you are going to will do it. You just give them your username and password for the ftp access. Umm dont really know but for everything to be transferred, installed and working exactly the same as with the old host was about 1.5 hours maybe little more.

yes, but buying your own server would cost a lot. You can use a computer to do it but if theres going to be lots of people using your website then it will make your internet connection very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom