Swine flu has 'pandemic potential'

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no vaccine yet, and they say it is either months away or impossible to have. I don't know, I have a terrible immune system and I take all kinds of vitamins but still manage to get sick all the time. I just got over eye infections in both of my eyes, not fun. I'm not sure what you mean by "keeping it away" vs. "kill it"?

I'm just saying that a vaccine would be nice to have right? Either way it spooks me because the numbers are only rising where I live and people here tend to need a whole lot of motivation to go the hospital, especially when no one has health insurance and their monthly income is on average $350. If I made that little, I would have to be bleeding out of more than one hole to go the hospital and deal with the med bills, let alone a cough and fever.

Keeping it away, meaning killing it in your system for now, but it is not permanent, so it could come back. Obviously a full vacine that not only will kill it, but prevent you from getting it again would be great. But really the only people that will be taking the vaccine is people with lower immune systems, so if the vaccine did not do this, it would be quite dangerous. Although to become really dangerous you would have to get the **** thing about 3 or 4 times after you start taking the vaccine.

My gas mask of choice: http://www.aurorahistoryboutique.com/products/C000718_L.jpg

Well that one is for just for looks, if that did not matter i would have a full hazmat suit

^what i was saying is if a vaccine does not prevent but only kills it, then you will not build up antibodies, your system will just be waiting for the vaccine again.

Currently I am more likely to get hit my a car while jwalking across road compaired to getting swin flu.

^what i was saying is if a vaccine does not prevent but only kills it, then you will not build up antibodies, your system will just be waiting for the vaccine again.

That would not be a vaccine then. Vaccines are not used to "cure" the already infected. They can do this, but most of the time it is best to use them as they are intended, as a preventative measure.

Vaccines are just weakened viruses that your body's immune system can destroy and build antibodies for. If a vaccine kills a virus, it will create immunity no matter what. Not permanent immunity (hence why shots need to be taken every 10ish years or so), but a good lasting immunity. I've never had flu shots, and get the flu about once a year, but it is never that bad.

Swine flu was a joke. Not any more dangerous than any of the regular flus.

I try to refuse shots of that sort, as it CAN weaken the bodys immune system over time instead of helping, hence the reason, we need it every so many years.

Oh come on, first the bird flu, now the swine flu, what's next? Flamingo flu? Maybe pharmaceutical companies had a great amount of stock left from the last "flu" and wanted to sell it off. We might have had a pandemic only if we were in the 15th century with no actual medicine and sense of sanitation.

Oh come on, first the bird flu, now the swine flu, what's next? Flamingo flu? Maybe pharmaceutical companies had a great amount of stock left from the last "flu" and wanted to sell it off. We might have had a pandemic only if we were in the 15th century with no actual medicine and sense of sanitation.

Sense of sanitation? Who exactly are you talking about? Go to Mexico, Haiti, Africa, come down here to Panama, and get a sense of the rest of the world's sanitation.

sanitation, health care, old age,and very young age are the only reason why people are dying from this.

Mexico- horrible sanitation and health care..so of course plenty will die here

US-all deaths have been of little babies or extremely old people...There are teens in my state that have it, get treated, and are better within days...this thing is a joke

Rest of world- same as US practically...only places with large amounts of dead have no health care and extremely bad sanitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom