Surround Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
you just double up the speakers.......if you have standard speaker wire then just connect another length so that it works like a three-ended ribbon cable in a computer......one fits into the system (stereo), one fits into the 1st set of speakers, one fits into 2nd set, etc..... if you have a unopen cable like a 1/4 or 1/8 inch or something, then you just need a splitter, they'll have those at radio shack

Yeah I do have them hooked up the a spliter already. I am unsure of what you mean? Right now I just have an RCA cablethat runs from the back of my computer to my surround sound reciever. So I am unsure of what you mean by the 3 way cable idea??? All my speakers work right now, its just that I want them all to act as the same, with the same sound level out of all of them, not like they are right now with minimual sound comming out of the back speakers. Will I ever solve my problem???!!!

Yes.....The !outputs! from your surround sound reciever shouldn't be RCA.....they should be speaker wire, just run the length of wire for the initial speakers, and then tie the metal parts of the wire (where they should go in the speakers) to a new wire (you should be able to do this and still stick the metal ends into the first set of speakers) Then run the 2nd wire (still connected to the 1st speakers) into the 2nd set of speakers. It's just an easy way to piggyback speakers.

Ok let me know if I am getting all of this right, I take out the RCA's that are running from my reciever to my comp and replace that with speaker wire? From that I tie all 5 speakers together using the speaker wire? How would I connect it to my comp and my reciever then? And what about my sub, how would that tie in then? Member people, its not computer surround sound system, it is a home theater system. All I want to do is have all 5 speakers and sub into my comp, so they work all as one, producing the same sound

Whoe.
Are we talking about PC audio out.Theres only one mini plug.This has to be split to rca left and right.The computer sound controls don't have any effect,Your home system amp does.Try various settings depending on what your sending,start with stero mp3's maybe.Do you have a fader control ?

Yes we are talking about audio out from my pc!!! Ya I have tried different settings on my reciever but still no luck!

Note

jer-181 said:
Yes we are talking about audio out from my pc!!! Ya I have tried different settings on my reciever but still no luck!

What type of connection are you makeing to your receiver ?
Are you useing aux in ? Do the rca's have 2 black rings ?
I have been doing this since my Atari 1988 days,so i hope you'll stick around ?

you need to fist find out if your sound card supports 5.1 unless you have a pretty desent computer the standard card only supports 3.1

jer-181 said:
Hey, I was woundering if anyone could help me out!!! I have just hooked up my surround sound to my computer and it works fine but the back 2 speakers dont work all that well. Sound comes out but its just back ground noise that you really cant hear anyways, I was woundering if I have to get a new sound card or whats the problem! I want all sound to come out equally of all speakers, just like a normal stero would, but istead of 2 speakers there would be 5 and a sub!!! Someone please help me!!!

Hey how did you hook it up?

I'm saying like what are the hook ups from your computer to your AV/Reciever?

The hook ups I used was a one to two, 3-way spliter. It has a connection just like the standard port for your computer speakers, and then it goes into 2 RCA cables, the cables I have hooked up to my reciever in the CD player spot, so I just have to switch it to CD player and then the sound comes from the computer. I am not sure if my computer has a 5.1 card or not, how would I find that out? There is no black ring around my RCA's, just all metal. ummm....what else can I tell ya guys that will help ya out? I dont know, in my mind it just has to be a setting that I have to figure out, because I do get sound, just not the sound I would like. Thanks guys for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom