Stereo-typical nerds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti_DOOM

In Runtime
ive always been curious - is there anyone here that can name an exact episode of a Sci-Fi like startrek or stargate by season/episode number? you see it all the time on TV the Stereo-typical "nerd" has the uncanny ability to pin point any given character/episode/weapon/technology ect... i was just wondering if there is realy anybody that can actually do this, there was a point in time when i could name any south park episode but its been so long now i wouldent know what im talking about.:D

I never watch TV anymore, except for the history and military channel occasionly, and sometimes head bangers ball on MTV. Aside from those nothing really catches my eye to watch anymore.

Im talking about the real die-hard fans of shows like startrek - so you know anyone that fits the descreiption above?? ive heard of it but never seen it.

Star Trek: TOS - "Trouble with Tribbles"
Star Trek: TNG - "All Good Things..." - Season 7.

Thats all I can name :)

I can name most other "character/episode/weapon/technology ect..." though.

I've watched all Star Trek Next Generation episodes. I've watched "most" TOS and DS9 episodes as well. And I can pretty much recall any story line in Next Generation. Don't know the names though. But as Flanker said, "All Good Things" ranks pretty up there :)

Chankama said:
I've watched all Star Trek Next Generation episodes. I've watched "most" TOS and DS9 episodes as well. And I can pretty much recall any story line in Next Generation. Don't know the names though.

Me too! :D

Any other Sci-Fi like....stargate? or Battlestar Galactica? I knew somebody that knew exactly how every ship operated in starwars he even drew out a detailed blueprint on how some gun works, as well as a cross section of the death star.

Ouch, thats just too much right there. I can KINDA tell how the weapons work, KINDA explain Warp Speed, and CAN tell you the name of any ship in the series.

Give me a few hours i can i rattle off the key points or metaplot of the following series :-
Andromeda (aka Hercules In Space)
Babylon 5
FarScape
Battle Star Galactica
FireFly + Serenity
Star Trek DS9*
Original Mobile Suit Gundam Time Line (UC Calender)**
* Mobile Suit Gundam (Year UC0079) TV Series
* Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (Year UC0079) Mini Series
* Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (Year UC0080) Mini Series
* Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (Year UC0083) Mini Series
* Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (Year UC0087) TV Series
* Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (Year UC0088) TV Series
* Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (Year UC0093) Movie
* Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Year UC0123) Movie
* Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (Year UC0153) TV Series

Dune

As for going into detail for character, episode, weapon and technology... that is not me. However i do know of 2 of my freinds that do have this ability.

00000268.jpg

* Star Trek DS9 is about the only Star Trek that I will watch now days. All the other Star Trek Series do not interest me every since i watched Babylon 5. Reason being is that I am bored with Star Trek just being centered around the Goody-Goody-Two-Shoes Federation.
And my other complaint is that rather have a meaty metaplot that bonds the series together as appose to the monster-of-the-week rountine that the rest of the start trek suffers from.

** Please note that some of these are a collection of TV Series, Movies, and Mini Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom