Stargate Resistance Free Play Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

Mod Emeritus
Hey Stargate Fan!

Are you ready to join the Resistance? Join the action this weekend for a special Stargate Resistance free play event! Stargate Resistance pits the arrogant System Lords against the SGC in a fast paced and deadly 3rd person shooter battle for Galactic Domination. Here are some of the features you will enjoy:

Dominance: Battle for control of the galaxy as either the SGC or System Lords, wresting power away from your foes with each glorious victory!
Dial It Up: Spearhead the assault by charging through the Stargate into enemy territory--drawn straight from the amazing Stargate series!
Game Play Variety: Master all 6 classes and use their unique abilities to turn the tide of battle. Earn experience with each class to advance through the ranks.
True Stargate Weapons: Play with a vast array of weapons including the P90, Proximity Mines, Staff weapons, Sniper Rifle, .50 MG Turret and Anti-Cloak Sight, Ribbon Device and Ashrak Blades!
To jump into the action simply click the link below to join the Resistance with a free Firesky account. Those who decide to purchase Stargate Resistance from Firesky during the event will receive a FREE bonus Advanced Combat Pack for the Jaffa and Commando classes! This is a limited time offer so join the battle!

Stargate Resistance

Thanks for being a fan of Stargate Resistance, and we'll see you at the event!

The SG:R Team

Minimum System Requirements

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
1 Gigabyte of System RAM
NVIDIA 7800 GT* or ATi Radeon x800* Video Card
Direct X Compatible Sound Device
Direct X 9.0c
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
You will need a broadband connection to play.
* Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or greater; ATi Radeon x800 or greater, are required for reliable performance. Please note that both NVIDIA and ATi laptop chip sets have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues. Please also note that while the game may run on this hardware, it is not officially supported in Stargate Resistance.

Recommended System Requirements

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or better
2 Gigabyte of System RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB or ATi Radeon HD3870 Video Card
Direct X Compatible Sound Device
Direct X 9.0c
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
You will need a broadband connection to play.
Notes: For the best results make sure that you have the latest video card drivers for the best performance. Please note that both NVIDIA and ATi laptop chip sets have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues.

I hadn't heard of this game before today but it looks decent and it's hard to beat being able to try it for free. I'm waiting in the queue to download it now.

Edit: After playing the game for a bit I have to say it's pretty good and well worth trying if you are a fan of the series. It's Unreal 3 based so the visuals are pretty good and it even has gpu physx support for people who enjoy that. I posted some screen shots over in the "Post your Screenshots" thread if anyone is interested.

This does explain why I have not see any in the way of Star Gate inspired Unreal Tornament maps in a very long time.

That big Stargate one for UT4k was excellent

I remember there being some rather good maps for UT, UT2k3, UT2k4 that were based on StarGate.
I also remember some really cool maps for UT based on StarWars before Mr.Lucas shut them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom