SQL Sever 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHope

Beta member
Hi
I am trying to run a programme using SQL Sever 2005 but when I try to run the programmes I get the error is

-1 A Network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL sever .The sever was not found or was not accessible . Verify that the instance name is correct and the SQL sever is configured to allow remote connections( Provide : SQL sever network interface, error 26 error locating server /instance specified)

I have uninstalled the SQL sever through my add/ remove programmes and found that there was another SQL sever 2005 there I am not to sure what programme installed the other SQL sever and not to sure if it makes any difference .
I am running windows xp

Any help would be great

You will need to verify that the server instance you are connecting to is up. If you're sure that the instance is local then you can probably check the status of the service through a management app (one may have been installed on your computer with the service) or through Windows service manager.

i'm guessing that this person is installing SQL Server 2005 Express. I'm not sure but i think the default instance name is SQLEXPRESS. I would click the down arrow for servers and click browse for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom