Spider Man 3 Villians Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=11332
Dunst Confirms Spider-Man 3 Villains
During an interview this weekend promoting Elizabethtown, Kirsten Dunst confirmed rumors to Zap2it that Thomas Haden Church will play Sandman and Topher Grace is Venom in director Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, opening in theaters on May 4, 2007.

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," said Dunst, who plays Mary Jane Watson in the Spidey films.

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she added before reversing her claim. "It's the other way around. You're right," she conceded to a journalist.

Dunst has yet to receive a script for the third film that will begin shooting in January. "But I know the general story. There's a lot that they're trying to fit into this one."

Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman,
Thomas Haden Church as Vemon
and
Topher Grace as Sandman

They both have the right face for the role. However I do thing that Topher would need to buff up a bit for the role of Sandman.

I am finally glad that Sam Rami has given in to the pressure of putting Venom on the big screen.
However I am a little worried about 2 Villians in the one film. Like we all saw how Bat Returns/Forever/&Robin were bad as you have the 2 villains fighting each other just for screen space.
I do hope that both Vemon and Sandman still stay at odds with each other, and they just don't join just for the shits and giggles value of taking down Spider-Man.

I am also a little worried in that Vemon is a complicated character to introduce. The Symbiot that we know as Vemon was orginally a on Spider-Man. And then Spider-Man realised that it was alive and that he could not control it. So he trying to kill it. The symbiot servived, and it was then that found Eddie Brock, who had a simulare hatred from Peter Parker/Spider-man.
I would like to know if he's going to do SECRET WAR'S Vemon where he is a Alien. Or ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN where Vemon was a possible cure for cancer that had other uses elsewhere

MAY 2007.... STAY TUNED!!!!

Bah, they need to do a movie with both venom and carnage...I haven't even heard of this sandman whatever

I agree though that Venom needs a backstory, it was originally this virus from mars and it infected spiderman and then took of Brock, and then carnage was introduced as the true evil one and they both end up sealed in some alternate direction...at least that was what happened in the good cartoon from the early 90s if I remember correctly...man that show was good

Sandman is old school... back when Spidey was just a comic book hero... no cartoons, no TV series, no movies. He is cool, though.

Gaara, you need to read the comics to find Venom's true story. The cartoon ain't even in the ballpark. But Venom is a really cool character... I hope they don't kill him off like they tend to do most of the super-villians in the movies.

What's up with that, anyway? I mean, in the comics, the common thread was the recurring villians who kept popping back up, teaming up, getting better (worse). The movies have really screwed that convention up (except for Fantastic Four).

I am looking forward to Spidey3, even if it won't be out until '07.

Bah, they need to do a movie with both venom and carnage...
Spider Man 4, anyone?

gaara said:
Bah, they need to do a movie with both venom and carnage...I haven't even heard of this sandman whatever
DITTO. And it would fit Vemon perfect as Eddie Brock/Vemon would have to dicide on his prioritys.
Kill Spider-Man
Team Up with Spider-Man in order to take out Carnage.

Sandman is old school... back when Spidey was just a comic book hero... no cartoons, no TV series, no movies. He is cool, though.

Gaara, you need to read the comics to find Venom's true story. The cartoon ain't even in the ballpark. But Venom is a really cool character... I hope they don't kill him off like they tend to do most of the super-villians in the movies.
Never read the comics...I have seen the original cartoon but there wasn't really a storyline to it...the early 90s one was great because it had some badass villains like red skull and venom/carnage, it also had cameo appearances like you said...I think I remember them getting transported to this alternate universe with red skull and a bunch of different villains teamed up agianst spidey, fantastic four, captain america and some others...and then there was that weird fortune teller lady they never explained...

Spider Man 4, anyone?
It would make sense to introduce carnage in the next movie since I don't think he comes until a while after venom shows up

Storyline as I remember it was spiderman saved the astronauts after the venom thing crashes the space ship, he gets taken over by it and starts turning evil...but then venom is destroyed by sound, spiderman gets saved by some giant bell...the venom attacks eddie brock and takes him over, since he already hates spiderman he uses the venom to fight him...then carnage shows up working for some evil dude...eddie's girlfriend gets taken hostage by venom...then both spidey and venom team up and venom sacrifices himself to seal him and carnage in some other world...I seem to remember venom and carnage combining as well but I can't remember

Either way sandman doesn't really have anything to do with the whole alien part of the story

Storyline as I remember it was spiderman saved the astronauts after the venom thing crashes the space ship, he gets taken over by it and starts turning evil...but then venom is destroyed by sound, spiderman gets saved by some giant bell...the venom attacks eddie brock and takes him over, since he already hates spiderman he uses the venom to fight him...then carnage shows up working for some evil dude...eddie's girlfriend gets taken hostage by venom...then both spidey and venom team up and venom sacrifices himself to seal him and carnage in some other world...I seem to remember venom and carnage combining as well but I can't remember

It has some similarities.

As Harper stated in the OP, teh black suit was a symbiot that Spidey got during the Secret Wars story arc that spanned the entire Marvel universe. The symbiot acted as a suit that enhanced Spidey's abilities. The suit fed off of emotions, so it began to push Spidey toward behaviors that went against what he stands for. Spidey figured out that sonic waves hurts the symbiot, so he goes up in a bell tower and almost kills it. The suit slides down into the church, where Brock is seething with rage and hate for Spider-Man... Venom is born.

Sandman can make any part of himself become sand at will, be it an arm or his whole body. Makes him really hard to hurt or capture.

Trotter said:
Bah, they need to do a movie with both venom and carnage...
Spider Man 4, anyone?
As much as the Fan Boy inside of me is say "YES PLZ!", the considering that is only one every 3 years that we see a Spider-Man movie, the last thing that I want the audience to see is some thing of the "Same Villain, Different Movie" routine.

The problem with a lot of the Spider Man villains is a lot of the villains that we love and read in today's Spider Man Comic books are off shoots of the other villains. And at the end of the day, there is not a big deal of different between one and the other of them if you are just some Joe Average Movie View.
It's almost like watching Friday The 13th Part II onwards.

Over all, I think the idea would work if Spider-Man was TV series. However not as a 2 1/2 hour movie that we only see once every 3 years.

Like George Lucas made that mistake with Star Wars Episode II and Episode III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom