Speeding Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you feel better speeding when you notice even at like 10 over the speed limit, your being passed by most of the people you see...

I speed most of the time. Why? In town, the citywide limit is 30mph unless otherwise posted. The max is 45 down the main drag. My old three-wheeler could do more than that.

On the interstate, I set the cruise control on the speed limit, or on the speed of the traffic around me. I used to really fly on highways and such, but I have gotten older and wiser... plus there are a lot more cops here than they used to be ;)

I am a safe driver, though, as most of my jobs have had to do with driving and driving safely.

seriously chris and murdocsvan... wtf man speeding isn't the antichrist or anything... i mean going 60mph in my car which is quite frankly crappy, can go 35mph and stop safely / comfortably within about 35ft, maybe less i havent really measured it THAT accurately... i think thats PLEANTY of time to stop if some kid does run out, but again its a huge "if"... all those ppl were supposed to be in school anyways... it was a downhill straight sunny road, how much more visibility do you need?!

all in all i decided to really stop looking at this ticket as a bad thing. In fact it probably saved my life... there were times i'd drive 110-120 (...yes in a neon :p) for 20-30 miles in a row. lets see reckless driving, some jail time, thousands of dollars of fines... yeah wow....

I'm actually serious though... because of that speeding ticket i have really slowed down and it probably has saved my life at least in a social way

And saying you have no respect for someone because they speed has got to be the lamest thing i've ever heard... i'm sorry but you must not respect a LOT of people. The fact that you would even say something so close minded and quite frankly idiotic makes me loose all respect for you

...see how lame that is?! lolz

short term this ****ed me over, long term good

Nonetheless, i still think speed limites are INSANELY under set... i mean 35mph on a non-residential 20ft wide lanes strait flat smooth road is just wrong. Nothing is around that area at all besides a resteraunt and one block of appartments

if a kid runs out in front of your car whether your speeding or not, its hard as **** to not get hit.
and whoever said you deserve to hit a tree is a ****ing idiot.
just for his comment im going t go down to the elementary school road doing 60

no jk
but that comment was retarded, i speed when im on certain roads and the highway, i talk on the phone all the time when i drive, and neither have caused me to get in an accident or even come close to one

when i drive my moms car, i have her dvd player running so i can listen to dvds and watch them during traffic

It rather simple. The fast you go, the longer it takes to slow down.

For all those people that think that even going over speed limit just by a little bit is safe, I suggest you watch the following :-
YouTube - Please Slow Down RTA Commercial

Just for the record, 1 kilometer = 0.621 371 192 miles
Therfore
60 Km/h = 37.28 mph
65 Km/h = 40.39 mph
32 Km/h = 19.88 mph
5 Km/h = 3.107 mph

I only happened to stumbled accross this ad by mistake on youtube. I am glad that I saw it because it demonstates that a 5Km difference in your speed can make big difference in your speed that you hit some thing if you have to suddenly hit the breaks.

Speed Limits are put up for a reason and there is no such thing as safe speeding.

Speed kills, driving 5 miles over the limit can result in a extra 5-10 feet stopping distance depending on the road conditions, weight of the car and many factors that is why you should drive the limit. Not just because it's the law but because when you speed you are not just playing with your life you are playing with that of the others around you.

Speed kills, driving 5 miles over the limit can result in a extra 5-10 feet stopping distance depending on the road conditions, weight of the car and many factors that is why you should drive the limit. Not just because it's the law but because when you speed you are not just playing with your life you are playing with that of the others around you.

That too. Freind of mine was involved in a hit and run many years back due to some speed freak. He was walking across the road when some guy came speeding around the corner and collected him. He was in a coma for about 2 years because of that.

Harper I hope you friend is OK again, I sincerely mean that.

I have seen some horrific accidents that where caused by speeding and I just don't think it's worth it and as I have said before you are not just playing with your own life.

Oh harper what do you think of my new avatar?

True speeding means that you would require more distance to stop but i still give myself plenty of distance to stop and what not
and if you honestly believe all speed limits are fair then your crazy because i have a road to my house thats 30mph speed limit, this road is never ever busy EXCEPT early in the morning when people are going to work but other then that i see one MAYBE two cars on that road with me, i usually go about 45 on that road and i never have come close to having any sort of accident, and it saves me like ten minutes of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom