Speeding Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
so tonight i get my second traffic ticket... haven't even gotten to the court date to defer my first ticket :-(

so anywho anyone know some things about driving laws / ways to keep the ticket(s) from hitting my insurance?

i've checked out some things like the "overpaying" thing which is fake, but i have a friend who has gotten 8 tickets and gotten out of all of them by selecting mitigation (plead not guilty asking to explain the circumstances and stuff), but mail in a check with it, the court is confused thinking you made a mistake and just assumes you pay it, then if you aren't given a court date within 30 days you were "neglected" and the case dismissed... just curious if anyone knows something similar / helpful

i really am sorry to hear you didnt crash into a tree. i have absolutely NO respect for people who speed, because its just taking liberties with other peoples lives.

what if a kid ran out in the road in front of you? i know you think it just isnt going to happen to you, but how do you think that would make you feel?

i wish you no luck in any court proceddings.

i really am sorry to hear you didnt crash into a tree.
You have no respect for nature.

because its just taking liberties with other peoples lives.
It depends when and where. I live in a rural area where the limit is far under what it should be, in the daytime: the road is level, clear sides, no housing, etc. "There's a place and time for everything."

what if a kid ran out in the road in front of you? i know you think it just isnt going to happen to you, but how do you think that would make you feel?
In my example above, the odds are slim - and should one choose to do so, meh, he deserves to be hit. Anyhow, "what if" doesn't mean much all too much.

PS: Maybe it's different in England, but here, limits are often set far under in anticipation of generating revenue.

People who speed are less irresponsible than people who talk on the phone or fail to get a full 8 hours of sleep.

Recent Studies suggest people getting less than 6 hours of sleep are MORE dangerous than people who are legally drunk. Gotta love driver's ed videos...

Talking on the phone while driving is also illegal in some places...but down here...2 out of every 3 drivers seems to be on the phone.

People who speed are less irresponsible than people who talk on the phone or fail to get a full 8 hours of sleep.

Recent Studies suggest people getting less than 6 hours of sleep are MORE dangerous than people who are legally drunk. Gotta love driver's ed videos...

Talking on the phone while driving is also illegal in some places...but down here...2 out of every 3 drivers seems to be on the phone.
Hmm, then I was bad... Last semester I was getting just over six hours of sleep. :rolleyes:

Although, on the way home one day, the guy in front of me swerved into the oncoming traffic, causing a car to veer off the road into some brush. He dozed off while driving...heh. Sleep is definitely an important factor.

Regardless, both can be extremely dangerous. Phones are just another distraction that most people can't handle - I can't count the number of times people have started to merge into my lane / my car while yapping away on their phone, without a care in the world. Then again, that's what this is for. Idiot! Then a smiley face...:D

In the army unless you have no choice you are not allowed to drive for more than 6 hours without a change over to a new driver for safety reasons but I have known drivers to do 15+ hours without a rest and on very little sleep.

Yet the only thing people think is irresponsible is speeding. People are shortsighted...its annoying.

If I'm in a hurry...and its really important, I'll speed. I don't talk on the phone, though, while I drive. I always pay attention. I also would never speed in a residential area...but on an empty highway down here in texas? You go miles without seeing anyone...

It isn't just other people though you can mess up and hurt your self while you speed. Don't get me wrong I think it's irresponsible but I know I have unintentionally speeded and I have felt bad about it afterwards but when I drive I always drive the limit.

It isn't just other people though you can mess up and hurt your self while you speed. Don't get me wrong I think it's irresponsible but I know I have unintentionally speeded and I have felt bad about it afterwards but when I drive I always drive the limit.
If you feel that way, why do you drive the limit? The limit is supposed to be the max. Anyway, did you mail a check in to the city when you noticed you were speeding - to set your conscious straight? :laughing: If not, do tell what made the feeling of guilt go away?

Also, if by hurting yourself you mean running off the road or something - simply put, they're just being stupid. There are bounds regardless of what the law says, and these can usually be seen with a little common sense. I don't condone reckless/stupid driving, but I also don't conform to the speeds set in place by the city/county who just care about money, while I always consider the circumstances...

I didn't mail a check any ware. What made the guilt go away was I couldn't help it and normally I had some one up my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom