Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most onboard sound cards support at least 5.1 surround, with some even supporting 7.1. I personally usually recommend just sticking with onboard sound cards. I like the quality of the ones I have encountered.:D

I think that question should be answered by yourself. If you find that your onboard sound card doesnt make the cut as far as features and sound quality, then perhaps it's time to get a new one;)

Elbatrop1 said:
Most onboard sound cards support at least 5.1 surround, with some even supporting 7.1. I personally usually recommend just sticking with onboard sound cards. I like the quality of the ones I have encountered.:D

I think that question should be answered by yourself. If you find that your onboard sound card doesnt make the cut as far as features and sound quality, then perhaps it's time to get a new one;)

I am the opposite. For anyone who listens to music or play games, I think a real sound card is essential. Their is a large difference of sound quality with onboard vs a sound card. A real soundcard also takes a large load off your CPU for more demanding games.

If you do decide to get a sound card go with a 7.1 from turtle beach. i've used many in my day and found that this company is awesome! nice card and software.

i know this is going to sound overrated but i have a creative sound audigy 2 value and i like so i really recomend the new Xi-Fi they must sound terrific since they are like so many levels above mine and mine sounds great. The creative Xi-Fis come in all shapes and sizes i might get this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102188

yes the auigy2 platnium does have better quality but its twice the money.

not with the mail in rebate...at least the one i saw on newegg...but i could be mistaken

edit: zs platinum pro has $100 off

a sound card will allow you to connect more speakers. Most onboard audio cards have 2 speaker jacks and 1 mic jack. I have never seen onboard audio with 4 speaker jacks and 1 mic jack.

NickFas said:
not with the mail in rebate...at least the one i saw on newegg...but i could be mistaken

edit: zs platinum pro has $100 off

**** ty for pointing it out i might just reconsider my decision. If you look at the specs the x-fi isnt really aww aspiring. The sb audigy 2 platnium pawns it. But im freaked out about the x-fi top end card and the new audigy 4 wths bttr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom