Sound Card for Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadchor

Solid State Member
Dude, I forgot all about the sound card .. ! I was hearing some talk about a xfi sound card. Anyone know what sound card I should get for gaming that is reasonably cheap?

Re: Building an epic gaming desktop!

I wish I could help you with that one, but I've never purchased a sound card. I have a sound card that came with this mobo though.
Are sound cards THAT much better then on board sound?

I wish I could help you with that one, but I've never purchased a sound card. I have a sound card that came with this mobo though.

Depends..

Coming from an onboard user, I'm not going back for sure... but the best one's are X-fi's but that's more of an Audio expert's POV... so that's why I'll split these and move this half of the thread to the Audio section

EDIT: I moved it

Extremely better...it really does make a huge difference.

Really? I've heard they just bring more to the table when it comes to more speakers and bass

But I'm not sure myself either

Yes mine would crackle and pop at first too. But it dissapeared after the first month. Not sure how that works.

i have this Newegg.com - Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 70SB104000000 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards only 60 bucks and sounds great! the only thing is when i first put it vista was almost unusably slow until i installed the drivers. after that it got back to fastnes. and the first week i had it i would experience crackles and pops. but like slowness it got better and i havent herd a pop since beginning of august.

That Sound Card is just a rebranded Creative Live! card.. DO NOT GET THAT CARD its ot even true X-Fi

Get a true X-Fi card like the XtremeGamer or XtremeMusic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom