Sony Tablet P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoFar

Beta member
Though the Tablet P is not yet released, it is making its way.

Nevertheless, I was looking for a phone, and I was going to purchase an Xperia Ray, which is due next month or so, but then I learned the Tablet P was also going to be released with 3G compatibility on the same phone carrier my whole family has been using since 07'.

I'm not quite sure whether the Tablet P has the ability to converse on the phone because the styling is awkwardly designed. I like to talk on the phone quite a bit, and I am not sure if it has the capability to talk.
I enjoy the 2 separate screens that flip up, and its something entirely different from anything else. Same goes to the Tablet S.

The Xperia Ray is something very different too. It takes on the styling of the Walkman A-series MP3 Player (recently released), it comes in a gold colour (a colour in which fascinates me), and it's a practical thing for such a hectic life. Oh, and Sony claims the screen is nearly scratch resistant.

I feel like I'm committing blasphemy everytime I try to pick this or that when I'm determined to have the cooler item, especially with devices so unique in their own way.

So just options... what should I get after both devices are released?

I would say both devices. I can tell you from experience that talking on a tablet is not the easiest thing. There is no ear piece to speak of so every conversation must be done either via speaker or via headset. Neither of which is comfortable. Not to mention finding a place to put the tablet while talking can be difficult depending on where you are. If you are driving and using a hands free set, where can you place the tablet if you have a passenger?

I would say keep the phone for its purpose and a tablet for its purpose. I dont have 3G on my tablet only WiFi. It does its job and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom