Software Updates Week 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Software Updates Week 29

This week was rather uneventful, seems like a lot of developers are on summer vacations. Only a few applications have been updated this week and even less that I would consider core applications that are always installed on my system.
Please let me know if you know a software that has been updated as well and that is not listed on this page.
The application of the week award goes to Media Player Classic which is one of the best media players out there.
µTorrent 1.8 Build 11564 RC6 - new version of the lightweight Bittorrent client.
Autoruns 9.32 - probably the most comprehensive application to analyze autostart entries.
CDBurnerXP 4.1.2.789 - A free burning suite for Windows.
Control Running Programs 2.0 Build 852 Beta 1 - control the amount of instances that a program can open at once.
DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.0.7.5 - copy DVDs to your computer. DVDFab HD Decrypter automatically removes protections from the DVD.
DVD Flick 1.3.0.0 Beta Build 631 - A simple DVD authoring tool.
eMule 0.49b Beta 2 - eMule is still a very popular P2P software based on the eDonkey protocol.
FileZilla 3.1.0.1 - A popular Open Source ftp client that supports SFTP/SSL
Find and Run Robot 2.27.01 Beta - Made by Mouser from Donation Coder. Excellent piece of software, basically an application launcher with additional functionality.
Floola 3.2 - Software to manage an Apple iPod. Provides access to features like copying files from and to an iPod and playlist support.
Free Download Manager 2.6.783 Beta - One of the excellent free download managers for Windows. Another excellent one is Orbit Download Manager.
Gizmo Project 4.0.3.383 - a VOIP (Voice over IP) software, make free calls from computer to computer but also calls to any landline or mobile phone in the world.
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.1.0 - I do not see a lot of reasons to install a Codec package unless you are really desperate. It's so much easier to switch to a client that plays all formats out of the box.
MediaCoder 0.6.1.4150 - transcode audio and video files.
Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 Build 20080728 - Media Player Classic is the base for many popular video players including my favorite SMPlayer. Small, lightweight and with in build support for the most popular formats.
Mp3tag 2.41b Beta - tag your music collection
MyUninstaller 1.42 - A replacement for the default Windows Software uninstaller. It's faster and allows to uninstall several applications at once.
Recuva 1.17.339 - Recover accidentally deleted files. The new version comes with reduced memory usage, some new filters and minor bug fixes.
SUMo 2.1.0.51 - SUMo scans a system for software updates and provides access to a list of software that can be updated.
Sysinternals Suite Build 07/24/08 - Contains all the popular applications from Sysinternals like Autoruns and Process Explorer.
Ultimate Boot CD Full 5.0 Beta 4 - A Boot CD that is loaded with diagnostic tools.
Weather Watcher 5.6.34 - display weather information right on your desktop.
WinMerge 2.11.1.2 Experimental - a tool to display visual differences between files and offer ways to merge them.
XnView 1.94.1 - XnView is a fast lightweight image viewer and basic image editor.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom