So far I am loving the windows 7 professional but I got 2 questions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
After I installed windows 7 professional and activated it finally at 4:35pm my new second hdd and my gateway case memory card didn't register properly with windows 7.
What I mean is it shows up in device manager but not in my computer ? does anyone know what might be the problem ?

I know I have a low classs celeron dual core e1400 but something seem's odd about it.
During the past couple of weeks in vista I've been working on a project using Lunar magic and dos coding.
Whenever I test whatever I am doing I notice in the task manager right beside the process it says virtualization emulated ?
It also did the same thing just now in windows 7 pro but only with normal programs going say like corel paint shop pro.
I know that newegg.com said this cpu won't support virtualization, but did they get the information wrong from intel ?

What is on your 2nd hard drive? An install of Windows XP? Have you checked to make sure it is assigned a drive letter like suggested in the FAQ?

The Card is easy. Inappropriate drivers. Contact Gateway for proper drivers. How are you testing? Using some sort of emulation? Could that be why it is showing that it is virtually emulating the results of the test since it is virtually emulating the test itself???

I finally got my second hdd to be recognized, apparently I need to reformat and repartition it again.
Also I found my media card reader drivers currently I am waitin for it to download which brings me to my next problem.

When I installed my wpn111 rangemax wireless adapter, the internet appeared to be fine except that is slow as molasses. I am using version 2.0 for this adapter.
I took the time to research what I could about this problem but didn't find any solutions.
Point being my browsing and downloading is very limited to about 32.00kbs.

That never happen in vista sp1 or sp2 except for the occasional crash and reboot.

Again i will point you to my statement above.

Inappropriate Drivers.

The drivers are for Vista, this is Win7. Therefor they are not proper drivers. As i have said plenty of times before, while many Vista drivers DO work. Not all of them do. There was code changes done to the networking stack and as such it will require updates to some devices.

Contact the manufacturer of the adapter and find out when they plan on having proper drivers. Till then there is nothing that you can do. Using inappropriate drivers hurts the system and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom