So dissapointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Does anyone else enter the lottery and then get genuinely disappointed when they don't win anything :p ?

I guess i am a sucker for gambling, especially when the jackpot tonight was £113,000,000 (I could finally get 1 or 2 ATI 5970's). I am fairly competent at maths and understand there is a 1 in 76million chance at winning the euro millions, but still, when i hold that ticket in my hand i swear down i've picked the correct numbers.

Apparently not :(

Does anyone else enter the lottery and then get genuinely disappointed when they don't win anything :p ?

I guess i am a sucker for gambling, especially when the jackpot tonight was £113,000,000 (I could finally get 1 or 2 ATI 5970's). I am fairly competent at maths and understand there is a 1 in 76million chance at winning the euro millions, but still, when i hold that ticket in my hand i swear down i've picked the correct numbers.

Apparently not :(
Guess that's a usual experience for the millions who play :stare:...until 1 day the jackpot winner gets it and be like "ZOMG I R WIN! I KNEW IT! I KNEW TEH NUMBERZ!"
_WTFisThat2__by_NekoSoldier.gif
!

just remember....(and obviously this only applies if it's like the US) they will tax it to death and then make you only receive like $20,000 of it a year for like 50 years if you do win ....

it's kinda funny them going on about hundreds of millions in the jackpot but after the person actually gets it, it's like $300,000 lol...which I mean..is still an EXTREME amount of money to get all at once...just kinda bs how they do it

just remember....(and obviously this only applies if it's like the US) they will tax it to death and then make you only receive like $20,000 of it a year for like 50 years if you do win ....

it's kinda funny them going on about hundreds of millions in the jackpot but after the person actually gets it, it's like $300,000 lol...which I mean..is still an EXTREME amount of money to get all at once...just kinda bs how they do it
Guess it's just advertising, getting you to contribute your little amount to build a huge jackpot ;). If they give out all, they might just be bankrupted to go on lol.

I dont think so...

"You keep 100% of your winnings. There are no hidden costs no deductions of any kind wahatsover."

It's supposed to be tax-free. Theoretically then if no one else one i'd get the full £113,000,000.

And yes before you guys ask i'd give all you guys a bit each :p Naturally, SMods would receive most, maybe 75k per person. Then 50k for the rest of you active members. And i'd give Larry 100k directly just for TF to ensure it's survival for the coming years. not that i have any idea how much TF costs to run xD

I dont think so...

"You keep 100% of your winnings. There are no hidden costs no deductions of any kind wahatsover."

It's supposed to be tax-free. Theoretically then if no one else one i'd get the full £113,000,000.

And yes before you guys ask i'd give all you guys a bit each :p Naturally, SMods would receive most, maybe 75k per person. Then 50k for the rest of you active members. And i'd give Larry 100k directly just for TF to ensure it's survival for the coming years. not that i have any idea how much TF costs to run xD

lol it's off topic but I found some site that that showed the web traffic n stuff and it said tech-forums averages around $92/day income from the ads so that's like $2,700 a month just from the ads. It also showed what hosting company they use and the servers ranged from like $300-900/month (no clue how many Larry's using up though) so I think TF is doing okay lol

no hidden fees..that must be nice lol . I don't like those kind of lottery games, seem to confusing. I just like trying my luck with the scratch offs...but that leads me to a question

A lot have around a max prize of like $1000..........but just in theory..if you bought $1000 worth of tickets, wouldn't the chances be in your favor of at least breaking even?

Maybe.

On the back of scratch cards here it says 1 in 4.75 chance of winning a prize, usually £2. The top prize being £8000 on the card i use. I buy one a day and they cost £2 each. Most i've won is £75.

w00t I'd make 50k! Consider me an active member *watches the money
Don__t_stare_by_Sariwa.gif

I'm not sure 300posts in 3 years counts as particularly active haha.. i'd think about it.

If i did win £113m tonight you do not realise the insane amount of fun i would have in London tommorow. I'd be down there for crack of dawn, buy myself 3 or 4 cars for my first car just incase i don't like the others. I'd buy about £15m worth of property in Chelsea and Kensington in london (not hard to do, a 3 bedroom house can set you back £5m easily). I would then go to PC world and buy everything that looked remotely good. I'd preorder the next 10 iterations of Playstation and Xbox aswell as a multitude of 3d TV and home entertainment systems and seek out some company that will outfit my new house that i would buy in the countryside with a full size world class cinema with each speaker powered by it's own tube amp :) No projector on the market would be good enough, i'd get one custom built that will do Ultra HD with a brightness of 50,000 ANSI Lumens and a genuine contrast ratio of 100,000,000:1 that is fully 3d capable, of course. Uhmmmm my brain is crazy with ideas.

Suffice to say i think i could actually burn through £113m pretty easy if i wasn't carefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom