slow browsers. any way to optimize?

Both machines are a bit dated when it comes to modern browsing actually. What I figure is happening is on both machines having too many tabs open you're starting to page which will slow responsiveness. I would definitely make sure some form of ad blocker is on 24/7 because ads eat up the most in terms of resources and internet speed. IE was never good at rendering a page and because of it's highly dated engine the workarounds needed made it even slower for modern browsing. Another problem being that IE11 doesn't support a lot of features of HTML5 which causes slow downs as most popular websites have all moved to HTML5. Here's a comparison showing that.
https://html5test.com/compare/browser/ie-11/chrome-58/edge-15/firefox-53.html

Edge seems to be the fastest in terms of raw browser speed though, but plugin support is lacking. I've noticed Edge also uses the least amount of RAM when it comes to several tabs and hardcore RAM hogging sites like Facebook and Youtube. If it makes you feel any better the past 6 months or so I've noticed some sites are getting really bad even on my machine and internet (sig specs and gigabit net). At work using Chrome or Firefox Youtube can take a whopping 30 seconds to load just the home page.

it would be the webpages though. i did notice pages slowing down on all computers

carnageX i did but im talking about 17 years ago
the competition was just starting
and most everyone was using IE because it was default
i stopped in 2001 when i finished high school and havent really done it since then (carpool tunnel )

it would be the webpages though. i did notice pages slowing down on all computers

carnageX i did but im talking about 17 years ago
the competition was just starting
and most everyone was using IE because it was default
i stopped in 2001 when i finished high school and havent really done it since then (carpool tunnel )
Pardon my ignorance but I'm not sure what really that was directed at. All factors are key whether it be the RAM limitation, processor, or render engine of the browser. If you're not running an adblocker and have many tabs open that'll easily cap 3-6GB. I've had Firefox and Chrome hog up to 8GB before with Facebook, Youtube, a couple forums, and the Ark wikia. I have even seen 34GB of usage when I was modding Skyrim back in the day because I had each tab opened with the mods I needed. That was back when I had 64GB of RAM though.

All in all I think it's a combination of everything, and websites are getting pretty damn bloated these days.

i meant it could be not would be.
i do have ad block enabled.
but sometimes i feel like some webpages detect it and run slower because maybe they purposely load scripts to load up your system to make you disable the ad block
it does take up alot of memory
but i donno for sure.
i also have enabled run each window as separate process just in case one crashes and i have some important info on other tabs and windows

Back
Top Bottom