slow browsers. any way to optimize?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
both my desktop (specs in the sig) and laptop HP g62 amd Athlon 2 340 2.20ghz 3gb ram with Samsung evo ssd drive

desktop windows 10 pro laptop windows home both 64bit

I tried firefox and IE both browsers are slow as hell

just installed the firefox thinking it would be faster than IE but it is still painfully slow when processing webpages
and IE freezes a lot

what is the cause.
do pages started using a lot more scripts or just ****ty programming or is it the google/facebook tracking scripts or advertisements causing all this crap?
I tried using adblock and disabling it and trying other addons and without addons every different way and not much difference.

All of the above for the most part.

Web pages can be script-heavy, which reduces performance. Memory leaks with browsers can cause issues if you have a lot of tabs/windows open for extended periods of time, etc.

That's why I use uBlock Origin & Privacy Badger to block scripts and ads.

memory leaks? how do i fix that?
i do have alot of tabs open most of the time

is adblock still good?

memory leaks? how do i fix that?
i do have alot of tabs open most of the time
You switch to a different browser or don't keep a lot of tabs open. Memory leaks are an issue with the browser itself.

is adblock still good?
I haven't used AdBlock in years; switched over to uBlock Origin. Less resource intensive and doesn't auto-whitelist ads like AB or ABP.

i already switched to firefox.
how many browsers do i need to do one job?
both IE and firefox are slow on both of my computers running windows 10

IE or Edge?

Could always use Chrome, or try a different one such as Opera or Vivaldi as well.

edge doesnt have the settings i need
any system settings could be causing this slow running?

edge doesnt have the settings i need
Like? The only thing really that IE has that Edge doesn't is Compatibility Mode, and some of the security settings.. But I think Edge respects those settings anyway.

any system settings could be causing this slow running?

Check Task Manager / Resource Monitor to see if it really is a leak from the browser or not.

i mean they do take up alot of memory. when open due to many tabs and of course depending on a page

one thing i noticed about IE is when i leave it open for few days and even when i close all tabs except one and try to use it nothing works
like buttons wont work popups wont open emojis wont select on forums. just random things wouldnt work until i close it with task manager and restart a new session

im guessing that would be a sign of memory leak?

its not the security settings in edge
im a bit OCD and i like how IE reenders webpages. other browsers do it slightly different and it bothers me, something i cant get used to after many tries
and IE still to my knowledge fastest when opening and loading pages. at least on my PCs.
i notice what seems like a long *** delay when i load IE and Fox
i can open IE twice while FOX loading one time
i had firefox and mozilla and whatever other browser there was. on my PC always since like 1999 when it first came out. but never got used to it because when i made webpages it would reender them differently and it was pissing me off having to go and recode everything for that browser too. and now it still bothers me

i actually knew more about computers and did webdesign and programming and other less legal things. thats until i got my first car . then all the money and time went to cars lol

i mean they do take up alot of memory. when open due to many tabs and of course depending on a page

one thing i noticed about IE is when i leave it open for few days and even when i close all tabs except one and try to use it nothing works
like buttons wont work popups wont open emojis wont select on forums. just random things wouldnt work until i close it with task manager and restart a new session

im guessing that would be a sign of memory leak?
Quite possibly so.

its not the security settings in edge
im a bit OCD and i like how IE reenders webpages. other browsers do it slightly different and it bothers me, something i cant get used to after many tries
and IE still to my knowledge fastest when opening and loading pages. at least on my PCs.
i notice what seems like a long *** delay when i load IE and Fox
i can open IE twice while FOX loading one time
i had firefox and mozilla and whatever other browser there was. on my PC always since like 1999 when it first came out. but never got used to it because when i made webpages it would reender them differently and it was pissing me off having to go and recode everything for that browser too. and now it still bothers me

i actually knew more about computers and did webdesign and programming and other less legal things. thats until i got my first car . then all the money and time went to cars lol

wat

If you did web design, then you should know how trash IE is lol. IE doesn't conform to W3 standards (Edge does now, since it's running on an updated rendering engine - the other browsers use Webkit, which has always been W3 compliant). IE followed it's own rendering techniques, thus caused web developers to have to add hacky work around to get it to look correct in IE compared to other browsers.

Back
Top Bottom