Skype problems (lagged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiXiS

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have this problem 2 days so far. But it is very annoying and "harmful". When I connect to Skype (when my all contacts are being shown), a computer suddenly stops working (I mean all programs are so lagged that nothing can be done) and when I turn off Skype, all programs are working properly again...

Please suggest ALL the available options which could fix this problem. Please.

P.S. Useless answers : "restart Windows" and "Re-install Skype".

Thank you.

How is "reinstall Skype" a useless answer?

That's the first thing I would tryif you haven't already...

You haven't posted your specs either... Did you recently update Skype or change anything on your computer? Have you tried scanning for malware/viruses?

If you don't want suggestions, don't post. There is no such thing as a useless answer. Just because you don't want to hear that reinstalling Windows is your best option is not our fault.

Here is an idea, listen to what is suggested and try it first before you make judgements. The judgement of a suggestion is only as good as the person making the judgement.

Carnage is right. A reinstall of the offending program is always the first step you should take. After all you have conformed that it is that program at fault.

Well, I meant "useless" it is in other words "does not working". I did cleaned up my computer and nothing did to Skype. After that cleaning (perhaps... "perhaps" because only after 3 hours after cleaning I turned on). I tried to reinstall, as you said to do that in first step. And it is the same thing. Earlier Skype had no problems.

How much "earlier" did Skype not have problems?

You still haven't posted your specs... these would help know what we're working with.

You also didn't say if you installed any new software or upgrade Skype, like I asked.

And what do you mean by "cleaned up"? You need to give us specifics for us to give adequate help.

What exactly specs you need?

RAM: 512 Mb
Service Pack: 3
System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Processor: 1.99 GHz
Video Card: ATI Radeon Xpress1150

Earlier is till 3 days before from Windows instaliation.

New installed software, as I remember, is Registry Mechanic, but Skype still was working. Only lagged after one day from installing new software.

"Cleaned up" - cleaned incorrent or useless registries, some programs and files.

Also, Skype is the only program which is not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom