Shutting down audio system when aux unplugs

AndyH

Beta member
Hey,

I think this would be possible with a small amount of code, however I dont know what would run the code? I.E my server or the audio system itself. Can anybody offer any ideas here?

Thanks for your help!

If the audio system is a PC, then the audio system would probably be easier because then you could more easily listen for hardware events rather than doing it over a network.

If the audio system is a PC, then the audio system would probably be easier because then you could more easily listen for hardware events rather than doing it over a network.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-DH4430P...7468688&sr=8-3&keywords=lg+home+cinema+system

Tis this, it has no network features whatsoever, simply usb, cd, aux and then the speaker connections on the back, I mean could this be possible via booting something of the usb or would an audio system like this just not be capable of that?

Wouldn't be capable.

You'd have to have the audio pass through something programmable (some kind of microcontroller), that can also control the power (either through some signal, or directly in line of the AC adapter).

Could a raspberry pi possibly be used to do this? It might be suitable for the type of microcontroller you were talking about Carnage.

Could a raspberry pi possibly be used to do this? It might be suitable for the type of microcontroller you were talking about Carnage.

All depends on how you can interface with the audio system.

If just wanted to cut power, then you'd need some pass-through device that could cut power that you could hook up to the GPIO pins that you could turn/on off. Would also need an audio input interface to hook up to the RPi (either through USB or the GPIO), that can detect dB or some other signal (again, maybe a pass-through device?) and then have custom C++ or Python code running to turn the device off when audio hits below a certain threshold.

Back
Top Bottom