Setting up new modem for blu-ray

Spiketwo89

Beta member
I have a samsung blu ray player that is used for streaming,but unfortunate Ly the room it is a wifi dead zone. The network is slow, unable to stream in HD, constantly has to rebufer and often times is unable to connect at all. Other devices have this problem in this same area while the rest of the house is perfectly fine, I figured I'd install a modem and LAN connection to solve the problem . I purchased slightly used Motorola surfboard sb5101u docsis 2.0 from amazon and hooked it up...... And I can't connect to the iInternet :cry: When I hooked up my lap top to mess with settings to figure it out the same issue came up. There was no instruction booklet and the auto tune uses the regions ip address but still no Internet connection, if anyone has some advice I'd greatly appreciate the help

What is your ISP? You might have to contact them to find out if there are any other lines available for internet. I know with my internet connection there is only 1 line coming in even though I have several lines for cable available. Both are through the same provider, but if I wanted to hook up another modem I would be forced to contact them and have them install another internet line.

Back
Top Bottom