Services.msc

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibi

Beta member
Whenever i start the SERVER & COMPUTER BROWSER service to share the folders,docs but after every shutdown i have to again start the above mentioned services explicitly. Is there any way by which i don't have to start these services again & again after rebooting the system?

Yes, go into the control pannel. Then go to administrative tools, then services. There is a shortcut you can type in the run line to get here, but i can't remember what it is. Then under the services (this is where all services for your computer are location, and where you can configure them to start/stop and how to start). Under your computer browser service, make sure the startup type is set to automatic.

Let me know if it already is and you still have to start it manually.

The shortcut is start-->run-->services.msc

While you're in there, check the recovery options. Try setting it to automatically restart the service on 1st 2nd and all subsequent failures.

Yes, go into the control pannel. Then go to administrative tools, then services. There is a shortcut you can type in the run line to get here, but i can't remember what it is. Then under the services (this is where all services for your computer are location, and where you can configure them to start/stop and how to start). Under your computer browser service, make sure the startup type is set to automatic.

Let me know if it already is and you still have to start it manually.

Hi Lex,
The service startup type is always Automatic but i have to start the service manually every now and then whenever i reboot the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom