same old problems

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I've been having trouble lately but this forum has supported me with recommendations when building my new system and with tech support. Just wanted to say thanks alot. :)

Ok, so I'm still randomly rebooting and I have systematically been through every software/driver issue I/you can think of, but with no luck. I have basically replaced everything in my computer, except the PSU, I think this might be the problem, it's a 550w but its being used by a core 2 duo 2.40Ghz CPU, 2 X1950 PRO GPUs, MSI 975x MoBo, 2 HDs a DVD rom drive and 4 fans.
I've tried removing a graphics card to lighten the load, but I'm still having frequent reboots.
It seems fine unless my computers been on for more than 3 hours or until I play a full screen game like Oblivion or Rome:Total War, which leads me to believe that its and overheating problem, or too much strain on the PSU, I'm willing to replace any parts necessary to fix this problem, any thoughts?

Btw - Idle temps seem fine, so how can I see the temps of my CPU etc.. while I'm playing a game?

Download speedfan ( i think 4.31 is the latest version) but yeah that should monitor your CPU temps as well as HD and some others...

atleast I think it did, its been a little while since Ive used it and could be wrong but its worth checking out.

Back
Top Bottom