Record PC Games w/o Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme112

In Runtime
No matter what program I use and what settings, I will always have some kind of lag on whenever I record. Is it possible to use a capture card like the one consoles use so I have no lag?

Almost anything is possible, cost is the question.

Here is a Pro solution for $1000 http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/decklinkhdextreme/ .

decklinkhdextreme3d.jpg

Price range: around $50. So thats not an option. Though I have figured out a way to record w/o lag. Thanks though.

I'm still available for suggestions though.

$50 means hardware is out.

• If using FRAPS lower the resolution of the Game and don't record sound. Add music later.
  • If the final Video is only going to be 720p then set the Game to that resolution.
  • Record to an SSD or a different physical Drive than where the Game is installed.
  • Don't set the Game to a high FPS with 'all effects on', then you can set FRAPS higher to get a better capture of what there is.
  • Only capture at 30 (or 29.97) FPS since that is all the Video will be played at, even 25 is OK.
  • Open the TaskManager and set the Afinity of FRAPS to a different Core than used by the Game.
  • Defragment the Drive that the Game is on and "compress free space" on the capture Drive - two (slightly) different things.

Thanks for the tips. Some of there I didn't know about, especially setting the affinity.

Would setting 2 CPU's for MW2 and 2 other CPU's for the recording device be ideal?

I found if a game runs at 60fps and I capture at 30, the game lags. I run FRAPS at 60fps which is around what my games run with vsync on.

Thanks for the tips guys. Overlord, I dont quite get what you mean. Do you mean that if you use fraps and record with the same fps that a game would run, it wouldm't lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom