Raspberry Pi

y2adre

In Runtime
I actually just got my hands on version b with 512kb of ram and installed Raspbmc. I love it so far and was wondering what people thoughts are on it. Will people be looking to get one? Any ideas on what u are going to do as a project for one

I've got 2. I'm running a mumble, irc, and web server on it. I'm looking to pick up a third one to be a DNS server for it and run my second one as a mirror backup for everything.

I got mine from the first patch :D

I havent done much with mine though, it seems to not like my TV's at all... The screen is so large that I cannot see anything (well, rather it is trying to make everything on the screen way too small)

I got mine a couple weeks ago, turning it into a bamf HTPC. So far it's been working great...it's not perfect, and I gotta figure out how I'm going to share media (hardware decoding is minimal, so multiple formats could have issues without purchasing licenses), was originally going to use an external drive temporarily and move to a NAS afterwards.

My friend is making an arcade coffee table out of the one I got him for Christmas, haha.

I got mine from the first patch :D

I havent done much with mine though, it seems to not like my TV's at all... The screen is so large that I cannot see anything (well, rather it is trying to make everything on the screen way too small)

Shouldn't be a problem with the Pi, I have a 55" LED TV running OpenELEC right now, and it looks fine. What OS are you using with it?

I got mine a couple weeks ago, turning it into a bamf HTPC. So far it's been working great...it's not perfect, and I gotta figure out how I'm going to share media (hardware decoding is minimal, so multiple formats could have issues without purchasing licenses), was originally going to use an external drive temporarily and move to a NAS afterwards.

My friend is making an arcade coffee table out of the one I got him for Christmas, haha.

Shouldn't be a problem with the Pi, I have a 55" LED TV running OpenELEC right now, and it looks fine. What OS are you using with it?
I think I did the debian that they had on their site, it needs updating so it may not be an issue anymore. I made the sd card before the pi's were even being sold and right before the sd OS's were "stable" really.

I've got 2. I'm running a mumble, irc, and web server on it. I'm looking to pick up a third one to be a DNS server for it and run my second one as a mirror backup for everything.

a cheap little mumble/webserver like this would be pretty nice to have but idk how much i'd actually use it.

if it could run m0n0wall i would be sold.

I think I did the debian that they had on their site, it needs updating so it may not be an issue anymore. I made the sd card before the pi's were even being sold and right before the sd OS's were "stable" really.

Yeah, definitely update. There's been leaps and bounds in development since launch, and they are still going strong. I haven't tried Raspbian yet, but I've been meaning to.

Yeah, definitely update. There's been leaps and bounds in development since launch, and they are still going strong. I haven't tried Raspbian yet, but I've been meaning to.
Yeah, will have to be doing that :)

With school starting up again a while back, and a bunch of other stuff jumping up I have been a bit busy and forgot about my pi :'( :eek: :rolleyes:

Yeah, will have to be doing that :)

With school starting up again a while back, and a bunch of other stuff jumping up I have been a bit busy and forgot about my pi :'( :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm mostly bummed about the lack of skin support right now for XBMC on the Pi (with any installation), I really want to get a version of Aeon working on OpenELEC.

I just put all my music on every computer :p :rolleyes: but thats me.

Having a little mini media center would be cool though. I have a radio antenna that you hook up to a computer and whenever you run a playlist through any sort of music player instead of playing through the speakers on the computer, it plays through a radio channel :D

Do you know if they ever got puppy linux working on the pi's?

Back
Top Bottom