Question about setting up Firewall software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
Downloaded Comodo Firewall and was ready to install. Gives you an option to "Change My DNS Servers to COMODO Secure DNS servers."

I read their info. page on this: Secure DNS

Should I use Comodo's servers? I use Verizon DSL right now. Don't really have any issues with servers, I don't think. Better, faster, safer to use? Suggestions? Pros/Cons?

Thanks for advice.

FYI, have a Acer Desktop, with Windows 7 Premium, 4 GB Memory, 650 GB HD.....using Avast! Free Antivirus right now.

Downloaded Comodo Firewall and was ready to install. Gives you an option to "Change My DNS Servers to COMODO Secure DNS servers."

I read their info. page on this: Secure DNS

Should I use Comodo's servers? I use Verizon DSL right now. Don't really have any issues with servers, I don't think. Better, faster, safer to use? Suggestions? Pros/Cons?

Thanks for advice.

No, let comodo handle end user software let it do its thing on your pc, and let the other part of ISP original DNS supplier handle the rest.
Sounds abit complicated and I wouldn't want a company to have access to certain parts of my networks I use privately.

Also, you did well with getting avast, with it working with comodo you shouldn't much of a issue a certain stuff arises throughout the year if you keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom