Problem when installing Ubuntu 10.10 on netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so when just starting up the install I didn't see any option to check media or anything like it. Where is this option?

That's a shame. In my experience almost all distros have a "check media" facility, I guess that Ubuntu doesn't. The best you will be able to do in that case is to check the MD5 checksum of your image against whatever Ubuntu have published (the link in MoM's post is a tool that will allow you to do this).

Last time i remember, Ubuntu did have this. I think it operates in the background while it is installing. I know when i was installing both PCLinuxOS and PC-BSD this option was done even though it didnt say it on screen.

Well when I put the CD in and start the computer then I see a symbol down by the bottom that is like a rectangle(maybe a CD drive?) and an arrow pointing toward a stick figure. Then I see the Ubunutu logo and the loading bar/dots for a while before any boxes come up. That may be when it is checking it.

Ok so I checked the MD5 sums and the one on the CD and the one on the Ubuntu site don't match. However the one for the .iso still on the computer I downloaded it to does match. I am assuming this means I need to burn another CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom