Problem accessing internet + router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjimn

In Runtime
Hi guys, let me explain the situation: I have a desktop and a laptop. I have a wireless router to which I connect both computers, wired for desktop and wireless for laptop. (both comps use XP).

Two days ago I started having problems on my desktop: after about five minutes of activity web pages would stop loading. The only way I've been able to fix this is by rebooting the computer. But after rebooting, it takes 5 minutes again for websites to stop loading again.

Note that on my laptop I've never had a problem, I can load anything all the time so neither the router not my internet service are the problem.

I've reinstalled lan drivers, disabled firewall etc. Problem still persists. What is funny though is that IM apps still work, I can still use MSN, Skype and AIM while at the same time not be able to access anything thru firefox.

So HELP! I can provide more details if needed. I really have no idea what is going on.

thanks in advance.

nothing found on virus scan. The only thing I can think that I did before this problem started was installing some windows updates. I guess I will go back and undo those. Who knows maybe that is the cause.

have you tried posting a hijackthis log in the hijackthis section?if not you can try it also.

does this problem seem familiar at all?

I've never encountered such a problem. It is very weird. I'll post my hjt log, I definitely don't think it's a hardware problem.

Thank all for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom