Printer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambrian

Baseband Member
I have a Lexmark z32 printer on my desktop computer upstairs. There is a laptop downstairs that is connected wireless for file transfers and such. My dad wants his laptop to be able to print on the lexmark and when i allow print sharing and what not in the control panel, on both computers, it says that it cannot find the printer on the laptop. Is it even possible to network this printer with the laptop without buying something?

Yes, you should be able to do this without purchasing anything else.

If the computers are able to share files, then you already know that the network works, and the hosts are in the same workgroup, etc.

I believe that you have to have the printer drivers installed on any hosts that will use the printer. Additionally, if the Printer is connected directly to your computer, that PC will have to be ON for any other host to be able to use the printer.

ok, all the drivers and such are installed and I even went and set both the comps default printer to the lexmark z32 on family. neither comp worked on this. When i put the desktop back to lexmark z32 color jetprinter, it worked again. what do I set the laptop at to make it work alsoedit: never mind, i figured it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom